Tattoo thread

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Tattoo thread

Postby Vouss » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:44 pm

I'm kind of disappointed you'd let someone this awful tattoo you since you claim to be interested in real art, what even is this supposed to be? Post artwork photo pls
Vouss

Postby sinko » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:49 pm

nice tat buddy, looks amazing
sinko

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:53 pm

What kind of back alley sketchy ass tattoo artist would do their work over acne like that? Pretty sure that it's dangerous as fuck for your skin, can spread and worsen infections and can easily lead to the art getting completely ruined. Fucked tbh.
Zentetsuken

Postby ElGato » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:What kind of back alley sketchy ass tattoo artist would do their work over acne like that? Pretty sure that it's dangerous as fuck for your skin, can spread and worsen infections and can easily lead to the art getting completely ruined. Fucked tbh.

I think it's freckles.
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Tramp stamps as subcultural attributes are about on the same level of classiness as keeping pet lobsters. Tattoos are acceptable as symbols of meaningful passage into a relevant, male sphere -- able seaman, military, prison, gang, mafia -- and preferrably then precisely in reflection of an inner ugliness and of the fact that you've been through some shit, but as expressions of (supposed) personality, rather than distinction, they are vain, shallow, expensive and harmful, at the very least to the aesthetic integrity of the human body, see above image. No offense meant to anyone, but go get some laser on that.

Also this.

I shall, perhaps, not be too entirely categorical, but I really do not have much good to say for this particular pastime.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby azrid » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:41 pm

bluebell and edel tattoo lmao
azrid

Postby jordancoles » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:45 pm

jorb wrote:Tramp stamps as subcultural attributes are about on the same level of classiness as keeping pet lobsters. Tattoos are acceptable as symbols of meaningful passage into a relevant, male sphere -- able seaman, military, prison, gang, mafia -- and preferrably then precisely in reflection of an inner ugliness and of the fact that you've been through some shit, but as expressions of (supposed) personality, rather than distinction, they are vain, shallow, expensive and harmful, at the very least to the aesthetic integrity of the human body, see above image. No offense meant to anyone, but go get some laser on that.

Also this.

I shall, perhaps, not be too entirely categorical, but I really do not have much good to say for this particular pastime.

Shouldn't you be designing the new store hat rn ? :ugeek:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Sany_CZ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:23 am

jorb wrote:Tramp stamps as subcultural attributes are about on the same level of classiness as keeping pet lobsters. Tattoos are acceptable as symbols of meaningful passage into a relevant, male sphere -- able seaman, military, prison, gang, mafia -- and preferrably then precisely in reflection of an inner ugliness and of the fact that you've been through some shit, but as expressions of (supposed) personality, rather than distinction, they are vain, shallow, expensive and harmful, at the very least to the aesthetic integrity of the human body, see above image. No offense meant to anyone, but go get some laser on that.

Also this.

I strongy agree with you. Sadly this opinion is a bit rare in todays young generation. Non the less, it is nice to share opinions with some one so great as you, Jorb.
Sany_CZ

Postby Granger » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:51 am

jorb wrote:Tattoos are acceptable as symbols of meaningful passage into a relevant, male sphere -- able seaman, military, prison, gang, mafia

Looks mainly like a way to mark (and a list of) people with a stigma so they can later be identified (or killed on sight).
I really do not have much good to say for this particular pastime.

I share that stance.

Neverless, at times I have thought about ways that would allow to lift the basic idea of Futurama suicide booths into reality, with the twist of the killing being limited to the colors used for the tatoos - so you could go in one, slide your credit card and quickly (and painlessly, should you opt for that) get rid of the picket fence on your arm (that looked cool when it still was barbed wire, back some years before your skin lost the flexibility that it used to have)...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:52 am

I read about an Iraqi Christian militiaman once, who had the cross tattooed over his heart, so as to render himself unable to apostate if caught by the jihaboos.

That's ok.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar