Continents need names

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Names of Continents !

Postby NoBizd » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:43 am

Just stop this nonsense with using real world continents names. It doesn't work, it doesn't fit, it doesn't sounds good.
NoBizd

Postby ErdTod » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Please let continents have natural in-game names and not forced real-world names
ErdTod

Postby lothar123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:22 pm

ErdTod wrote:Please let continents have natural in-game names and not forced real-world names

what is natural in-game names for it ? North east, Southern etc ? boring as f*ck
lothar123

Postby Hrenli » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:27 pm

lothar123 wrote:what is natural in-game names for it ? North east, Southern etc ? boring as f*ck

And your picture is supposed to be entertaining? :roll:

Replacing "east" with "Far East Asia" and "west" with "America" is using one boring as fuck system in place of another. The only difference is - one system is abstract and the other is not and has no place in this world. We need better names, for sure. Let people come up with proposals (or better claim what THEIR land is named, like f.e. it was with Boohta Bay mentioned earlier). It will take time, but it's better.
Last edited by Hrenli on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:56 pm

lothar123 wrote:
ErdTod wrote:Please let continents have natural in-game names and not forced real-world names

what is natural in-game names for it ? North east, Southern etc ? boring as f*ck

I agree. That's why I thought of it the very first day of the world.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ErdTod » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:24 pm

lothar123 wrote:

I like "Midrabbit" since it's in the middle and the shape looks kinda like a rabbit. I live on that continent, and as an inhabitant reserve the right to call it like that, though it's not me who came up with that name :) For other continent's - there could be much more suitable names. IDK, Southern can be Hedgeland - from Hedgehugs being there, and it also borders with the end of the map. Western can be Dominia for same reason. These are probably very bad names ideas, but they are already better than Africa and America IMO.
ErdTod

Postby Ysh » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:41 pm

ErdTod wrote:
lothar123 wrote:

I like "Midrabbit" since it's in the middle and the shape looks kinda like a rabbit. I live on that continent, and as an inhabitant reserve the right to call it like that, though it's not me who came up with that name :) For other continent's - there could be much more suitable names. IDK, Southern can be Hedgeland - from Hedgehugs being there, and it also borders with the end of the map. Western can be Dominia for same reason. These are probably very bad names ideas, but they are already better than Africa and America IMO.

If some Europeans will like to call themselves some strange thing like ''Midrabbit,'' then they surely can do this one! Of course, in American language this is just called Europe. This is consistent with how these things are usually working. For example, in the real live there is country which calls itself ''Polska,'' but in American language we will call this one ''Poland.''
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby borka » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:43 pm

Ysh wrote:Of course, in USAmerican english language this is just called Europe.

FIFY

umbigo, umbigo
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Ysh » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:55 pm

borka wrote:
Ysh wrote:Of course, in USAmerican english language this is just called Europe.

FIFY

umbigo, umbigo

By ''American language'' I mean language of American continent in Haven and Hearth, not language of North America, South America, or United States America of real live.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Re: Continents need names

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:54 pm

I'm for calling them by names unrelated to the real world tbh, I don't call them by the names here, I call them, Midrabbit, AD continent, HH's, lol, just saying ... but it would be nice to have more 'havenish' names for them. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar