post propaganda videos

General discussion and socializing.

Re: post propaganda videos

Postby Jalpha » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:36 pm

Hope succeeds

Angry Astronauts rant about the mission

The statement is that this mission had only a 50% chance of success. Effectively worse odds than tossing a coin. Kudos for what is in my opinion the coolest looking space center so far.

Is the USA getting left behind? Is the EU in the game at all? Are the Fins even relevant to the future? Sub to this thread to find out!
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:11 pm

https://youtu.be/itkEV-eOVG4
Covid wont stop finland from bombarding the swamps!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby SavageFox » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:19 pm

I suggest make some game propaganda videos for fun

Haven and hearth propaganda videos comical or serious or spiteful does it matter it'll still probably be awesome

like the goons did on EVE Online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-m-0RlqMHM
SavageFox

Postby Jalpha » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:28 pm

So much has been happening where to begin. Introducing VSS Imagine!

First flight soon.

C'mon Richard. Make me better videos.

This is exciting to me because when material science for compressor parts advances sufficiently we should be able to ride a scramjet most of the way to orbit. Rockets are cool to watch but I want to leave orbit without getting my bones crushed too badly by g forces.

More to come on other topics. My time is limited.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:37 pm

Always fun to see bakers of new bread praising there own new product into heaven.
virgingalactic wrote:We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good."

"which will open space to everybody" ... That seems a bit optimistic to me. I doubt the ticket price will come into range of the middle-class anytime soon. Never mind the majority below them.
But than again. One can't expect them to write something like"... everybody with a big walled". No self respecting PR person would stand for that.
mvgulik

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:14 pm

mvgulik wrote:That seems a bit optimistic to me. I doubt the ticket price will come into range of the middle-class anytime soon. Never mind the majority below them.

I give it 20-25 years, maybe less. It took over 50 years for airlines to become commonplace because aircraft development was all done by hand, even with the boom of aircraft manufacturers due to WWII. Now... with CATIA and the right engineering tools, nearly 100% of design can be done on computer in less than half the time it took even when using CAD and other software modeling for engineering.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Jalpha » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:42 pm

mvgulik wrote:I doubt the ticket price will come into range of the middle-class anytime soon. Never mind the majority below them.

I was going to argue until I read "soon" while copy/pasting the quote. I don't know how old you are but I am expecting the teenagers of today to experience cheap spaceflight. Adults today in the middle class will probably see affordable spaceflight in their lifetime.

Thanks for mentioning the aircraft industry MMICT. Beat me to it. Let me know if I should move these posts to the space education thread.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Jalpha » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:16 pm

Screenshot_20210711-151916.jpg
Screenshot_20210711-151916.jpg (82.43 KiB) Viewed 149 times

Considering the size of their budget they are doing very well.

Getting to here.

Introducing the crew.

Jeff Bezos is snapping at his heels and I think I know how the argument about who made it to space first will go. It is comforting to see these men who have so much to lose eagerly throwing themselves up into the sky. Without them there would be little hope for the future.

The launch was delayed due to inclement weather which gives me time to make this post.

Link to the livestream.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:54 am

Jalpha wrote:Thanks for mentioning the aircraft industry MMICT. Beat me to it. Let me know if I should move these posts to the space education thread.

Might not be a bad idea? I'm willing to move them if people want to discuss more about the latest aerospace engineering and accomplishments. As is, much of what's gong on with Virgin and SpaceX are still kind of in the propaganda realm, though SpaceX is proving itself with its ISS and cargo deployment missions.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Jalpha » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:14 am

Is China winning?

So by now we all know that China (after resolving a near miss during orbital insertion around Mars) has landed a fully functional rover on the surface of Mars. Correct me if I'm wrong (pulling most of this off the top of my head) but this makes them the second nation to complete such a feat of technological supremacy. Kudos once more to China.

More to come from China. I am very impressed with their progress on a few projects down here on earth. In a few more months I hope for confirmation of their ambitions success so I may share it with you here.

Plenty more to come from other parts of the world. Honestly I am struggling most to find good propagando from the EU though I have a couple of things in mind.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar