Space Colonization Thread

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Space Colonization Thread

Postby mvgulik » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:25 am

mvgulik wrote:(as long as space debris allows for that)

"US says it 'won't tolerate' Russia's 'reckless and dangerous' anti-satellite missile test"

lol.

What are they going to do! ... Bombard Russia/Putin with harsh words. Yea that's really going to do it. :roll:
mvgulik

Postby Jalpha » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:47 pm

I am hoping that world peace (such as it is) will last long enough for some of us to escape the stupidity of Earth culture. A growing part of me fears we will not make it.

However; I believe very strongly that God's will is inevitable and that it is our destiny to move beo and to colonise the stars.

If Earths orbit is filled with debre I would chaff at the delay but we will find ways to clear it.

Let us try to avoid war by refusing to participate.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby dafels » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:32 am

The chances of self destruction are much higher than the humanity colonizing the universe my friends, the consciousness of humanity living in accordance with earth nature is not there yet and currently humanity is viewing the earth as something that is to be exploited and destroyed with humanity's shareholder capitalism that is driven by consumerism and maximizing profits by destroying the earth. Earth is the only foundation. But still we can hope for the best but it sure does look bleak
dafels

Postby Jalpha » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:32 pm

I see a lot of hope. I guess the circles we mix in colour our perspective.

Much as I hate on USA culture in general, there are decent folk there furthering the ambitions of our species. Artemis 1 is still expected to launch by mid 2022.

There has been a massive shift toward combatting climate change. Although no truly meaningful commitments have been made I believe the path has been laid.

Even conflict over Taiwan is only likely to result in a proxy war, albeit a more expensive one than the wars in the middle east. Fear sells papers.

It's not that I have faith in people, or society. Instead my faith in the success of our future comes from the financial system and the fact that space is the eternal financial boom.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar