US Elections 2020

General discussion and socializing.

Re: US Elections 2020

Postby mvgulik » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:20 am

Potjeh wrote:Separation of power doesn't do anything if same donors buy all the branches.

?

"A parachute doesn't do anything if you open it on impact" too.
That don't makes the parachute a useless item. It makes the parachute user clueless about its proper usage.

*Googles "dumb product warnings" images* ... right.
mvgulik

Postby painhertz » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:17 am

I voted for Trump and am honestly terrified for 4 years of Harris (I lost my Mom to dementia 2 years ago and I can say with 90%ish certainty that Biden has it and won't live to see 1 year as President) but at this point I just want this election be done regardless of who wins. It seems safe to say that after all the legal brouhaha that "Biden" will win and better to rip the bandage off now than to keep falesly hoping Trump will miraculously pull a win out of his ass. I am not looking forward to $5.00 a gallon gas and $300 electric bills again (Like in the "good old days" of Obama/Biden). Not looking forward to more wars, more being used by china.... Etc. All of this will happen over the next 4 years. On the plus side Republicans should take back the House 2 years from now and there are no lack of good Republican candidates to take the Presidency back in 4 years. God help us all.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:56 am

painhertz wrote:I voted for Trump and am honestly terrified for 4 years of Harris (I lost my Mom to dementia 2 years ago and I can say with 90%ish certainty that Biden has it and won't live to see 1 year as President) but at this point I just want this election be done regardless of who wins

I'll be brief: Reagan--Alzheimer's. Probably had it before even being re-elected a second term; definitely had it before leaving office; within the realm of possibility he had early stages before even running for President.

Otherwise, if Biden has to step down early, what is Harris going to do that ol' Mitch isn't going to stop? Unless the Dems win all of the undecided Senate seats (4 still undecided at the time I post this), the GOP retains majority, which means McConnell will likely remain as Senate majority leader, and continue to pull his same bullshit tricks of the "do nothing" Senate.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Zentetsuken » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:41 am

painhertz wrote:I voted for Trump

Zentetsuken

Postby mvgulik » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:24 pm

A perhaps more befitting voting system for the Facebook and Twitter generations of today.
(Less waiting, faster gratification. And hardly any thinking required, not unimportant it seems.)
Recap of THE ORVILLE episode “Majority Rule.”
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:40 am

Wow.
That's a nice and interesting change. The major news networks cutting off Trump in his "Presidential" 'fraud, fraud, fraud' press conferences.
Lol.
mvgulik

Postby Jalpha » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:00 pm

It's over guys. USA will be hamstrung for another four years.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby painhertz » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:06 pm

Jalpha wrote:It's over guys. USA will be hamstrung for another four years.

Nailed it. $4-5.00/gallon gas. $300 electric bills, wars, entitled morons burning down more cities..... Not going to be fun.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:32 pm

shit, people might even start wearing masks and respecting women too

america is fucked, with the hippy liberals in charge they might even begin to start making international trade agreements again

disgusting

I will pray for all of you and I hope you get through this
Zentetsuken

Postby shubla » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:48 pm

Not too surprising, been obvious for few days actually!
Without covid trump would have won I'm certain.
No time to party anyway, what will biden do during his rule? At least the population of USA is more divided than in a long time!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar