how many people play legacy haven?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: how many people play legacy haven?

Postby jordancoles » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:23 am

Southpaw wrote:legacy has aged so badly and you guys are actually on crack or are planning to bot away a good third of the """gameplay"""

basic shit like stockpiles (house signs are not a better alternative), instant foraging (legacy has a timer for virtually everything under the sun, have fun collecting mussels for a minute of frustrating back and forth clicks) and "Why do I not have pushout?" have spoiled the majority of people out here in their nostalgia-glasses and they'd be rudely awakened when they're actually trying to play in earnest.

i think i'd be interested in virtually anything to try to shake up and awaken the playerbase but i don't think a legacy reset is The Play.

Those things annoy you, but not everyone. I've went back to legacy somewhat recently and a lot of the old stuff clicked with me again after a few minutes of gameplay.

Yeah it lacks a lot of QoL, but that's what the botnet is for (which is something I also enjoy)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Regnurr » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:37 am

Inconveniences just adds value to something hermits are good at doing, which to me is a plus. Foraging being a more onerous task to do will mean people wanting to save on time spent foraging will be more willing to pay out for the ability to get foragables. This enables trade by supplying work to people, and it benefits my playstyle. Lack of stockpiles is bad though, stockpiles are nice.

Though when I say legacy, I don't mean it has to be one-to-one. Legacy with stockpiles would be great, though if I had to choose, I wouldn't mind lacking the stockpiles. Considering when I came back, those things were completely new to me to begin with. I was already anticipating legacy gameplay before I discovered it is locked behind a paywall and I have no idea what the playerbase is like these days. So to me, who is literally new to new haven, these issues are not even issues.
Regnurr

Postby Sephiron » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:06 pm

Ok everyone, let's not be stupid. The one and only thing that would make the playerbase explode is actually advertising the game. I'm sure that there is a good reason why Jorb/Loftar haven't done this yet.
I went like 5 years not even remembering this game. Not because it was bad, it was because I only know one person in my life that actually plays it/has heard of it. Fixing any issues that you guys have with the game isn't going to suddenly make a broadcast to everyone's brain telling them the game is better now. Advertising on social media will bring an influx of new players and old ones, but at the current moment I doubt that the servers can handle that much traffic and I feel like if the devs wanted that much traffic they would have advertised by now.

The game is good. If it wasn't you wouldn't be playing it. Stop bitching and moaning about it and go take care of your chickens
Sephiron

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:22 pm

There's no way this game could even come close to handling a significant number of people trying to break it
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Regnurr » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:07 pm

All it'd take is a streamer with any decent viewerbase to make the game explode. Whilst that might temporarily make the game more chaotic, the game and dev would adapt to it. They'd also get more money from it.
Regnurr

Postby jordancoles » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:04 am

Regnurr wrote:All it'd take is a streamer with any decent viewerbase to make the game explode. Whilst that might temporarily make the game more chaotic, the game and dev would adapt to it. They'd also get more money from it.

ProJared and Paulsaursjr have made videos on Legacy haven in the past and I believe they both got 700k-1mil views. It would be nice if another big creator would take up the game for a video but honestly the server starts choking at 1600+ players on at any given time and unless they prep for that beforehand it would just be a bad look for the game overall and it would likely just piss off current players dealing with the lags

I would love to see the game community grow but unless they plan ahead and coordinate a video release with upgraded server capacity it likely won't have the effect we're hoping for.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Kaios » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:32 pm

On the topic of longevity, here's a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34RPwDfLpKg) just recently uploaded by Josh Strife Hayes that applies rather well in the case of Haven & Hearth. You may or may not agree with the perspective he takes, but I found the video to be quite interesting nonetheless.
Kaios

Postby Regnurr » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:03 pm

Kaios wrote:On the topic of longevity, here's a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34RPwDfLpKg) just recently uploaded by Josh Strife Hayes that applies rather well in the case of Haven & Hearth. You may or may not agree with the perspective he takes, but I found the video to be quite interesting nonetheless.

His initial view is just a good summary really, there is less demand for hardcore PvP MMOs than there is for casual MMOs. See the PvP of Final Fantasy 14, niche, not the main draw. Even in WoW, PvP was tacked on, not the point.
Regnurr

Postby feeder942 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:38 pm

There are currently 3 ppl on the legacy server, myself included. It's real nice to mess around in classic, so thanks for keeping it running devs
feeder942

Postby feeder942 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:22 pm

5 now. Aww yea
feeder942

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar