please convince me not to start playing again

General discussion and socializing.

please convince me not to start playing again

Postby Smoopadoop » Mon May 17, 2021 8:00 am

im so busy irl, i have so many projects and commitments that i can't afford to start playing again this world, i have NO time to spend all day doing shitty low level foraging and shitting my pants when i see other players and slowly slowly grinding things that would take factions 5 seconds to achieve, this game used to give me panic attacks and i would dream about it almost every night

tell me about how dangerous this world is, tell me about how much of the good spots have been taken up by powerful merciless factions, tell me about the bots taking all the good shit, tell me how playing a solo character isn't viable without 20 alts and a poop sock, i can't afford to hyperfocus again
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Re: please convince me not to start playing again

Postby dageir » Mon May 17, 2021 8:13 am

You will play the game intensly in 2-3 month until you burn out, and for what?
dageir

Postby Kaios » Mon May 17, 2021 11:13 am

Smoopadoop wrote:tell me about how dangerous this world is, tell me about how much of the good spots have been taken up by powerful merciless factions, tell me about the bots taking all the good shit, tell me how playing a solo character isn't viable without 20 alts and a poop sock, i can't afford to hyperfocus again

Seems like you don't need any convincing, you already know how it works. This world is no different.
Kaios

Postby Sevenless » Mon May 17, 2021 11:40 am

The problem isn't the game, it's you not being compatible with the game. This game isn't meant for people with life responsibilities, it's meant for kids not doing homework, college students skipping class, and disabled people trying to find ways to burn time while waiting for the inevitable release of death.

If you aren't one of the above, need not apply.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby sMartins » Mon May 17, 2021 4:08 pm

Sevenless wrote:The problem isn't the game, it's you not being compatible with the game. This game isn't meant for people with life responsibilities, it's meant for kids not doing homework, college students skipping class, and disabled people trying to find ways to burn time while waiting for the inevitable release of death.

Jeez, this Is the stark reality.
Mmos are the evil, specially this kind of mmos, stay away from them, they will ruin your life or in the best case they will make you lose time
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Lalaxx » Mon May 17, 2021 5:48 pm

Lalaxx

Postby MagicManICT » Mon May 17, 2021 6:29 pm

The funny-sad part is... I used to look like that when I started playing MMOs.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Archiplex » Mon May 17, 2021 7:38 pm

Sevenless wrote:The problem isn't the game, it's you not being compatible with the game. This game isn't meant for people with life responsibilities, it's meant for kids not doing homework, college students skipping class, and disabled people trying to find ways to burn time while waiting for the inevitable release of death.

this is extremely based and true
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Asgaroth22 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:43 pm

Darn, this hits hard. Also, did you just manage to call the entire playerbase childish, stupid and disabled in one sentence? Impressed.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby shubla » Mon May 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Are you implying that people who play this game are all worthless losers just waiting to die and getting fat on government paychecks while wasting their life on some meaningless game?

Isn't that quite offensive? Are you implying that the proper and correct way to live a life is to get 2 dogs, preferably golden retrievers, 2 kids, 2 cars, 2-story home, work from 8-16 in some quite meaningless but well paying spreadsheet job, then come home, spend time with kids, then go jogging, and in the evening cut the grass from your backyard before tumbling with wife, and after that go sleep happily after living the Proper Good Correct Life, the only way to be successful as a person and human being.

If you feel like you have failed in life you don't have to assume that everyone else playing the same game has.
Smoopadoop wrote:im so busy irl, i have so many projects and commitments that i can't afford to start playing again this world, i have NO time to spend all day doing shitty low level foraging and shitting my pants when i see other players and slowly slowly grinding things that would take factions 5 seconds to achieve, this game used to give me panic attacks and i would dream about it almost every night

tell me about how dangerous this world is, tell me about how much of the good spots have been taken up by powerful merciless factions, tell me about the bots taking all the good shit, tell me how playing a solo character isn't viable without 20 alts and a poop sock, i can't afford to hyperfocus again

You should do what you want and get out of the grasp of babylon. Join us and enjoy life, instead of trying to fill meaningless expectations put on you by society and other entities, mostly in order to abuse the hell out of you to make some greedy guy $$$ while making your life miserable.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar