Bitcraft list Haven in their Alpha survey

General discussion and socializing.

Bitcraft list Haven in their Alpha survey

Postby maze » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:13 am

So a new MMO called bitcraft (https://bitcraftonline.com/) is looking for alpha players. In their survey of asking what games have you played; haven and hearth is listed as one of their chooses.
What makes me wonder, did one of their DEV's play haven?
the game looks very havenish from what prevews i've seen; so it's a possible game to try out in the future.
Maybe as a community we should crash their party >:D
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Bitcraft list Haven in their Alpha survey

Postby mvgulik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:59 am

First impression based on trailer ... feels 'very' H&H like. They even included Meteors ... and a very H&H look-alike ship doc (lol).

clockwork-labs/Bitcraft: Press-release-september-16-2021

(Direct trailer link (YouTube))
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:14 am

Some differences, pulled from related discord(faq) channel.

> ... characters become experts in specific skills by using them a lot.

> Q: Will there be PvP?
> A: There is currently no combat PvP in BitCraft. BitCraft emphasizes competition between groups of players, rather than character vs character direct combat. That does not mean that there will never be combat PvP, but it will not be added to the detriment of other play styles or game systems.

> Q: Will there be fast-travel?
> A: This will not be the kind of world where you can teleport wherever you want. We'll reveal more information on this in the future.
>> A+: ... This is not necessarily the exact same as "no fast travel", although it does embody that spirit.

> Q: What platforms will BitCraft be available on?
> A: The plan is to release BitCraft cross platform with initial focus on PC.
... Bugger. As I'm a Linux only user. (Guess I'm not going to make it into the Alpha)
Last edited by mvgulik on Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mvgulik

Postby firemasterelf22 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:10 am

The asethetics look a LOT like Journey and Sky: Children of the Light, which I personally love. This game really does look stunning, definitely signing up for pre-alpha!
firemasterelf22

Postby Jalpha » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:18 am

I thought it was more of a Pokemon clone. Then again maybe I have confused it with something else.

I suspect the eternal alpha tag interests other developers. Most of us who have been playing Seatribe games have become experienced at exploiting and exploring game mechanics until they break.

The Devs and their creations are more well known than you might expect within developer circles and I have found what I consider to be Easter egg tributes to them in much more popular titles. Like the being able to wear pumpkins on your head in Rust. Of course I have no idea if this is actually the case.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby iamahh » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:05 pm

heard it's one of those in-engine trailers, not really gameplay, so good luck with that... but this kind of aesthetic reminds me of old LOVE MMO, made by one dev, who used to make some crazy looking free tools
iamahh

Postby shubla » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:00 pm

> No pvp
> No fast travel
> Built with Unity for rapid development
> Developed by charismatic people with business knowledge and contacts to people like founder of Unity and CEO of CCP Games
> Single massive editable world

Its like H&H but without stubborn devs

Of course, there is a backside for all this, lots of investors and such, how long will it take until it becomes just another microtransaction catastrophe or just in general boring game with not much to do/unique mechanics in it.
Maybe they do the sensible thing and only add some cosmetics and possibly subscription at the most, but time will tell.

But devs could take some lessons, especially the 2, 3 first ones.

Don't worry devs, if it becomes success maybe one of the founders who got inspired by H&H will donate you money like people donate to DF developers when they get filthy rich!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:12 pm

shubla wrote:Its like H&H but without stubborn devs

yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhh booooiiii
At least it sounds like it, not gonna set myself up for disappointment by having any faith before I see the actual result, but I really wish it'll be like that.

shubla wrote:Of course, there is a backside for all this, lots of investors and such, how long will it take until it becomes just another microtransaction catastrophe or just in general boring game with not much to do/unique mechanics in it.
Maybe they do the sensible thing and only add some cosmetics and possibly subscription at the most, but time will tell.

Man this would be the perfect world, imagine a game that doesn't have obnoxious tedium and mandatory botting-requiring mechanics and devs saying "WE tRy TO TAKE BotTInG aS a SigN of a BrOkEn GAmE MECHAnic, RaTheR THaN aS A SiGN of BrokEN pLAyerS" while actively increasing the tedium in the game mechanics to encourage botting.

shubla wrote:But devs could take some lessons, especially the 2, 3 first ones.

That would be really dope.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:47 pm

Jalpha wrote:I thought it was more of a Pokemon clone. Then again maybe I have confused it with something else.

Probably this.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Zampfeo » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:02 pm

I'd like to see how they plan on fostering competition and politics without PVP. First impression is that territory control and politics won't be very interesting without the threat of war, but what I've found so far has been pretty vague.
Zampfeo

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar