Jorbtar - Get Hired by Amazon Game Studios

General discussion and socializing.

Jorbtar - Get Hired by Amazon Game Studios

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:56 am

https://forums.newworld.com/t/outpost-r ... endumarsch

I meant it when I said you guys did a better job at developing your server infrastructure and QA than their entire game studio.
You should email their execs and ask them to hire you to remotely consult on their game for $300k a year with performance bonuses, or something ridiculous. You could do a much better job, lmfao.

The game launched at years of delays (the last one was over a month, specifically for time to polish the endgame) but immediately had non-functional major endgame systems that have were down anywhere from 5 days to ongoing (24 days and counting). You two are just better than what they have on tap.

Sure, they are shitty corporate overlords with no understanding or passion for games, sure they demanded that the studio use some shitty modified crysis-engine and try to design many of the major systems from scratch, but hey, that's kinda what ya'll did (minus using a modified crysis engine), and they've got the big amazon wallet. I know it's ridiculous, but I'd love for ya'll to get paid.
Robben_DuMarsch

Re: Jorbtar - Get Hired by Amazon Game Studios

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:46 am

I get this really strange peculiar weird queer funny bizarre eccentric unusual abnormal idiosyncratic unconventional outlandish offbeat freakish quirky quaint zany off-centre wacky freaky kooky screwy kinky oddball cranky off the wall wacko bizarro dilly curious uncanny unexpected unfamiliar atypical anomalous untypical different out of the ordinary out of the way foreign exceptional rare extraordinary remarkable puzzling mystifying mysterious perplexing baffling unaccountable incongruous uncommon irregular singular deviant aberrant freak suspicious dubious questionable eerie unnatural unco outré fishy creepy spooky rum backasswards feeling that you didn't crash 50 times this world due to the default client code.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby shadowchris » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:54 pm

You should've kept this one in the drafts.
Also jorb and loftar aren't even Danish btw.
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:17 am

I make no distinction between Scandinavians as I am an American.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Ukhata » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:35 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I make no distinction between Scandinavians as I am an American.

thats fair
Ukhata

Postby Southpaw » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:42 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I make no distinction between Scandinavians as I am an American.

GOD FUCKING BLESS USA USA USA
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Return to The Inn of Brodgar