Are devs happy/okay/satisfied with the player numbers?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Are devs happy/okay/satisfied with the player numbers?

Postby shubla » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:13 pm

nothing would respawn because people are loading areas too frequently

Well thats the first issue to fix then! not a reason to avoid small worlds.
Even in larger worlds having respawning happen based on whether area is loaded or not is pretty dumb, would like to know devs thoughts about it.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:50 pm

nah im all for smaller world, this world is waaaay to fucking big for 1k players.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Pommfritz » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:24 pm

I'm not against smaller worlds, I was just saying it's sort of impossible if it's getting too small compared to the amount of players.
And also when I started the world seemed pretty massive but once you get a Snekkja/Knarr and some thingwalls the world actually becomes pretty small xd
I think what you guys want is more population densitity and not necessairly a smaller world?
Pommfritz

Postby telum12 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:52 pm

Pommfritz wrote:I think what you guys want is more population densitity and not necessairly a smaller world?

yes but devs can't just add more players
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby shubla » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:52 pm

Pommfritz wrote:And also when I started the world seemed pretty massive but once you get a Snekkja/Knarr and some thingwalls the world actually becomes pretty small

Its probably quite relative.. Travelling more than 5-10 minutes to somewhere is quite long journey in my opinion.
Pommfritz wrote:I think what you guys want is more population densitity and not necessairly a smaller world?

They are much of the same thing, no?
But yes, having more neighbors would be nice. At least near my place there were quite large areas with almost 0 population.
Player interaction didn't happen pretty much ever, because there just were not people around.
(Even if some interaction was to happen there would be quite high chance that it'd be just people ganking around, not some friendly neighbor stuff)
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MadNomad » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:47 am

GamingRAM wrote:A week or two later the milestones become these:
- Getting a bat cape (makes going into caves easier and safer)

you only need like 5 UA(can do it with much less, but this is for comfort) and cave entrance, so even if you do not get 5 UA on the first day(exploration and surv are priority) you can get it on like second day

shubla wrote:
They are much of the same thing, no?

no, just because one might depend on the other doesn't make them the same thing!

VDZ wrote:In Haven, starting a new character does not reset the world

but does it make much of difference from perspective of a single player who ignores most of the HnH world?
MadNomad

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:16 am

wonder-ass wrote:nah im all for smaller world, this world is waaaay to fucking big for 1k players.

i take back my previous statement the game already has a way of making the world smaller, its thingwalls just fix them so they don't cost obscene TW.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby VDZ » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:22 pm

MadNomad wrote:
VDZ wrote:In Haven, starting a new character does not reset the world

but does it make much of difference from perspective of a single player who ignores most of the HnH world?

You cannot ignore the world in Haven & Hearth. You've built on my foraging spots, you've claimed good places to build a base, you've mined out my ore nodes, and you've had all kinds of other impacts on the environment that affect me. Furthermore, I do not want to ignore the world; I want to trade my shitty items for my neighbor's shitty items, I want to steal ore from half-mined-out low-quality ore nodes, I want to follow people's roads to see where they lead. You cannot play separately from the world, and even if you could it would not be nearly as fun.
VDZ

Postby WowGain » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:06 pm

MadNomad wrote:but does it make much of difference from perspective of a single player who ignores most of the HnH world?

why the fuck are you playing an MMO if what you want is a singleplayer experience and you constantly cry about people who play a multiplayer game as a multiplayer game
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby MadNomad » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:34 am

VDZ wrote:You cannot ignore the world in Haven & Hearth. You've built on my foraging spots, you've claimed good places to build a base, you've mined out my ore nodes, and you've had all kinds of other impacts on the environment that affect me. Furthermore, I do not want to ignore the world; I want to trade my shitty items for my neighbor's shitty items, I want to steal ore from half-mined-out low-quality ore nodes, I want to follow people's roads to see where they lead. You cannot play separately from the world, and even if you could it would not be nearly as fun.

true, but what I meant is that usually average player only interacts with a minor part of the world, and not the whole rest? do you trade with 100 villages or just like 3? this is what I meant, if you ignore most of villages, most of the world's map, etc. you ignore most of the world and only interact with a minor part of it, so it doesn't really matter if someone on the other side of the world has 10 times your stats if you never ever meet them

another thing is that even if you reset the world, a week or month later you will already be massively behind if you're not an asslicker of top factions or a botter, so it is a better idea to play to achieve own goals rather than to compete in this rat race of top stats

WowGain wrote:
MadNomad wrote:but does it make much of difference from perspective of a single player who ignores most of the HnH world?

why the fuck are you playing an MMO if what you want is a singleplayer experience and you constantly cry about people who play a multiplayer game as a multiplayer game

not exactly my point, the thing is that whether or not you reset somoene else's progress it doesn't really have to end up with that big impact on you, I actually like that the game is multiplayer as I can trade with other people to get improvement, attack sprucecaps to loot them, etc., but still, a hermit will mostly depend on their own work rather than someone else (of course to some degree you have an impact on them if for example you sell them powerful sword or treeplanting pots, but it is only one detail with impact on a few other details and not whole gameplay)

I also like this game for it's gameplay and artistic style and to some reasonable degree stat and quality grind etc. so even if I didn't like multiplayer(but actually I do) I would still play it for those reasons
Last edited by MadNomad on Mon May 02, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MadNomad

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar