Are there plans for a mobile version of H&H?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Are there plans for a mobile version of H&H?

Postby Vnalor » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:22 am

Procne wrote:
Eh, why do I bother, should have just replied with a simple "no" or left the topic unanswered forever

I mean I didn't ask for your opinion specifically, I just wanted to ask if there were plans for mobile H&H in this community.
I do understand why you're pessimistic about the mobile approach, the game is tedious and won't be able to run on a phone.
But hey, it's not a bad idea to be open to new ideas sometimes.
Vnalor

Postby Vnalor » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:26 am

Nightdawg wrote:
Crop harvesting/replanting, silk-making, metal-critting, tree farming, steel-making... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whale scouting+cheesing, and crashing on nVidia GPUs.

They'd be some cool mobile minigames imo.

Also building a cool big village and decorating it.

I'm looking for the crashes to be ported on a chinaware phone :)
Speaking of those planting and building stuff, the game would probably be similar to Farmville except it's on steroids with all the grinding. Plus character development, which is a niche I've been looking for at Playstore for a very long time.
Vnalor

Postby Vnalor » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:40 am

shubla wrote:There are maybe 100 000 new mobile games being released every day. There is no way anyone would play HnH on mobile for numerous, numerous reasons. Those 100 000 games are designed for sole purpose of addicting you and to be played on mobile. Mobile players look for small short gameplay pieces not for 4 hours of boating around.

Those games suck.
Also H&H has somewhat a loyal playerbase(?)
By the way, most of the free games that are popular are somewhat similar to H&H in a way; they require grinding to be able to get a really nice stuff.
And with the rare niche that H&H has to offer, I don't think it's a bad game to offer for the mobile market.
I just hope jorbtar doesn't go full capitalist on a mobile game (I'm so sorry for not having a subscription for the last 5 years, the hats and the subscription features are good, I just don't have a bank account).

Anyway, this was a nice topic to delve into. I've seen the playerbase fluctuate in the highs and lows and that was the thing that made me worry for sometime. Maybe a mobile mini-game could help revitalize it, if possible.
Vnalor

Postby shubla » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:18 am

I don't see how game not designed for mobile would ever work, even if its more high quality than some of mobile game attempts.
There would be just lot of copycats etc. etc. Not a good idea to pursue into in my opinion.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:39 pm

Vnalor wrote:Speaking of those planting and building stuff, the game would probably be similar to Farmville except it's on steroids with all the grinding. Plus character development, which is a niche I've been looking for at Playstore for a very long time.

Yes.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Procne » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:11 pm

Small offtop:

You guys might like https://store.steampowered.com/app/542480/Therian_Saga/
(idle crafting game with character progression)
or https://store.steampowered.com/app/1259440/Mist_Legacy/
(active crafting game from same creators)

Not mobile games though. From mobile you could check
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... aflame.MMO
(idle game with deep character progression)
Procne

Postby abt79 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:12 pm

lol even in its current pc state and with comprehensive custom client features the game/ui are a nightmare of hotkeying, scroll wheeling, shift/ctrl/right/left/altclicking, numpadding, etc. No way could that all be crammed into a touch screen

Tell me you're a noob without telling me you're a noob
abt79

Postby loftar » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:20 pm

abt79 wrote:lol even in its current pc state and with comprehensive custom client features the game/ui are a nightmare of hotkeying, scroll wheeling, shift/ctrl/right/left/altclicking, numpadding, etc. No way could that all be crammed into a touch screen

This, pretty much. It's a bit fun to entertain the idea of a mobile version from time to time (even though I have no concrete plans for it whatsoever), but I've just no idea how to make an even semi-bearable UI on a touchscreen.
>inb4 the default ui isn't semi-bearable either
So imagine what it would be on a touchscreen, then.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:22 pm

loftar wrote:>inb4 the default ui isn't semi-bearable either

Fix transfer all on default. The rules are ctrl = drop, shift = transfer, alt = select all. Which you actually follow but transfer all is ctrl + alt because you hate logic.

DDDsDD999

Postby Vnalor » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:12 am

loftar wrote:
abt79 wrote:lol even in its current pc state and with comprehensive custom client features the game/ui are a nightmare of hotkeying, scroll wheeling, shift/ctrl/right/left/altclicking, numpadding, etc. No way could that all be crammed into a touch screen

This, pretty much. It's a bit fun to entertain the idea of a mobile version from time to time (even though I have no concrete plans for it whatsoever), but I've just no idea how to make an even semi-bearable UI on a touchscreen.
>inb4 the default ui isn't semi-bearable either
So imagine what it would be on a touchscreen, then.

Yep, lots of clutter.
But y'know, it doesn't have to include everything if its just a promotional game .
Things like inventory and character ui can be meshed together, and a "tech-tree" or some sort of scrolling feature where it shows you the building options temporarily instead of just floating at the corners of the screen.
Vnalor

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar