Ok Ideas that would almost 100% increase the player numbers?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Ok Ideas that would almost 100% increase the player numb

Postby Fostik » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:24 pm

Well, the other ideas that exists right now isn't better.
It is always the problem that any player made currency will fail due to very fast inflation, and every player will only try to trade for tokens.

The only stable market currency that could exist is any metal coins, that you can trade any time for tokens granted by market owners. This will create big limitation for market owners on amounts of created currency, requires large token investments for market owners.
It is much simpler that tokens would be splittable for subcoins.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Seriouskai » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:09 pm

It seems to me the problem with trading is that there's nothing I as a new player can offer to someone that has played for a much longer time that is worth their time, and to get anything better than what I slowly grind towards myself I have to rely on the gifts of stronger people.

I used to play another game that tackled that issue pretty well, there's a resource that anyone can gather from beginner to god tier player, that was still useful for everyone. Sure, it took time to gather numbers high enough to trade into other valuables, but it was viable. Old players didn't have to spend time gathering and new players could trade for some better tools or resources.

Thing is with this game as it is now, I wouldn't want to trade. I've become too paranoid and just expect someone to kill me either on my way to the trade, or there. And honestly I don't want to play a game requiring me to create an alt just to deal with that thus trading is off limits to me unless it's with someone I know, which is rare here.

I know alot of people are fine with that kind of gaming and that's fine, but I doubt the devs intended for you to need to go out of your way just to do some basic tasks.

Same thing comes to the whole wiki situation, one thing I noticed as a beginner is how little tutorial or information there is ingame. I get that the game wants you to explore and figure things out and personally I like that kind of gameplay, but I definitely understand I'm not the norm and I know it has turned off players from staying in the game even if they knew about the wiki, which also isn't always good at explaining things or up to date thus not always reliable.

There's a ton of things the dev can do to bring in more players, it all depends on what kind of players they want. The way the game is today caters mostly to griefers in my view as a new player in this game, afraid of everyone around me, unless you get lucky and never run across stronger players, then it's a pretty casual game. There's not really much I could do alone to defend myself or my base, but more a roll of the dice luck that I never get seen. I do understand the idea of option for pvp and the game needs something to challenge players too, but to me right here and now, it doesn't seem even possible until a potential world reset, and once that would happen only if I have enough time to keep up with the hardcore players.

In short, it feels like a cat and mouse game where most players are just mice trying to hide from the very few cats around.
Seriouskai

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:17 pm

Easily accessible trade hub would help a lot with trading. It should be an auction house that can just link to giving/taking barter hands in your village.

Toss on a currency that serves as a tax. I'm sure established players would trade more just for this currency as there's an established value associated.

Both of these would be pretty big trade boosters.
DDDsDD999

Postby telum12 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:22 pm

Seriouskai wrote:

<stuff>

There are things you can gather that others would buy, but this late in the game many are simply past the point of wanting stuff in general. A month or two ago there were markets buying foregables etc. that you could gather as a beginner.

Trading is not very unsafe as long as you don't expose yourself very much, and get into the market itself, since no one except the market owners are able to attack you there.

Also yeah, the wiki sucks. It generally either omits information you need or otherwise is incorrect/outdated. I've heard it's managed by a person (mvguli or something) that has a history of randomly reverting changes for no reasons, and people don't bother trying any more.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby WowGain » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:27 am

Seriouskai wrote:It seems to me the problem with trading is that there's nothing I as a new player can offer to someone that has played for a much longer time that is worth their time, and to get anything better than what I slowly grind towards myself I have to rely on the gifts of stronger people.

Honestly, just offer your nearby big village tar extra tar. There's always a need for more tar.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby shubla » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:16 am

Best marketing is to hire some Indians to play the game. Cheap playercount easy.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Potjeh » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:14 pm

LOL people seriously think that leaning even more into RMT will attract more players?

But yeah, basically the game needs to change at it's core to attract more players. This number raising contest is fit only for unemployed autists, and while there are quite a number of those on the internet there is a game that fills this niche a lot better - EVE. So yeah, advertising ain't gonna do shit either, you'd just get a massive spike of players initially but it'd dwindle back to the current numbers in a couple of months.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Jalpha » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:44 pm

I think that the strengths of this game are in its status as an alpha test title and that Hafen will never be a popular, AAA title and that people should stop expecting this from the game.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby jordancoles » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:26 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:Easily accessible trade hub would help a lot with trading. It should be an auction house that can just link to giving/taking barter hands in your village.

Toss on a currency that serves as a tax. I'm sure established players would trade more just for this currency as there's an established value associated.

Both of these would be pretty big trade boosters.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby pawnchito » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:21 am

^ +1
pawnchito

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar