Ok Ideas that would almost 100% increase the player numbers?

General discussion and socializing.

Ok Ideas that would almost 100% increase the player numbers?

Postby donatas081294 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:30 am

Since my last post blew up and there has been a lot of discussion and debate which hopefully devs have kept close eye on.
I wanted to create another post, lets say a follow up from my previous post about player numbers https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=71916.

I would like to ask veteran players and new players and well any and all players to give ideas that you think devs could use and apply to their game to make sure that the player number doesn't always keep dropping, but rather manitaining at certain number and increasing over time rather than falling.
Yes I know this post would seem more like for "Critique & Ideas" section, but I think we will have more debated and conversation on a broader sense which could help devs let's say "fix" this issue. As I don't know about you devs, but if almost no one plays the game it is a problem which needs to be fixed right?

From my previous post the ideas I have picked up and sorry if I missed some of yours were:
Making the world smaller (One of the reasons I've seen discussed is that people saw the lack of interaction between people either it might been positive or negative)
Improving the main client (Some complained how main client was outdated and how other custom clients had a lot more to offer compared to the main client)
Improvements on the balance of PVE and PVP (I guess the oldest issue hafen has and still have is that the combat system, sure devs don't want to make it boring, but it still causes a lot of issues for new players and understanding how it works and also the issue with the bots where a normal player couldn't dream to face against a 5k stat bot with his 100 stat character)
Not having a real End Game (I saw quite few complaints about Hafen not having "true end game" increasing number of specific stat or item is a choire for most it seems)
Botting/Alts/"Cheating" (Botting has been brought up as it makes it unfair for working people or some tasks within the game forces players to use bots to make them manageable)

Well I guess roughly these were like the most mentioned of why people keep on quitting the game, I thought to include the grind, but some people see the grind as a good thing like as progreesion, so I thought keep out of the list as it might be mentioned later on. So yet again gonna ask what ideas do you think devs could apply that would almost 100% certainly increase the player numbers and stop them from always falling.
donatas081294

Re: Ok Ideas that would almost 100% increase the player numb

Postby ErdTod » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:40 am

Marketing.
ErdTod

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:47 am

A real trade system/social hub of some kind would be nice. People still log onto Salem sometimes just to stand in Boston and see what's going on.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby shubla » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:18 am

Get rid of people who get rid of people.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby pawnchito » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:34 am

All roads lead back to client.
pawnchito

Postby DoctorCookie » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:33 am

Smaller world will kill off any new players quickly in the current environment.
DoctorCookie

Postby Noogia » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:47 am

Bigger world is always good. I saw a settlement almost every lake I passed so things have become more congested. While I agree this game should mimic reality I do believe community projects and being able to have an area to meet people without fear of being killed would ease tensions in the game and provide for community forum. Raiders are a important fundamental piece of the game because without a deadly force it just become a big farmville. At the same time one group/faction having too much power and owning all of the land could turn off people from wanting to explore areas and try and find connections/community. Finding people to play with in the game is a pain in my eyes and making it easier to click up and group up would provide more competition in the politics of the game thus bringing in more people.
Noogia

Postby vatas » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:42 am

To contextualize this, I'd like to point out past update that was long-requested. Not sure if it increased player count, but Decals will surely have an impact by reducing attrition from daily tasks.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:15 pm

social hub created by jorb/loftar and a leaderboard for random things would prob keep some of the autists playing.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby vatas » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:37 am

wonder-ass wrote:social hub created by jorb/loftar and a leaderboard for random things would prob keep some of the autists playing.

I'm increasingly leaning towards kind of copying Boston from Salem. In my head it would be an instanced place (like Valhalla) you can access through your HF for trading and socializing. There would be lot of details to work out (would there be stalls, how would their ownership be determined and how would they operate etc.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar