Ok Ideas that would almost 100% increase the player numbers?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Ok Ideas that would almost 100% increase the player numb

Postby strpk0 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:43 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:Easily accessible trade hub would help a lot with trading. It should be an auction house that can just link to giving/taking barter hands in your village.

Toss on a currency that serves as a tax. I'm sure established players would trade more just for this currency as there's an established value associated.

Both of these would be pretty big trade boosters.

I like this idea the most when it comes to trade system improvements, +1.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby kirion » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:43 am

Generally speaking, the default client should continue to get QoL features, and stuffs normally found on custom clients. And more settings. Way more settings. No, console commands are not the proper way to have settings, ordinary people will 100% never know anything about them.

Like others said, possibly an hub. Doesn't have to be huge.

Dungeons that are doable for the commons of the mortals? Idk, more PvE content.
kirion

Postby Mac70 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:16 am

By a huge margin compared to basically anything else that can be done - PvE server without perma-death, world resets and more PvE focus overall. There are many people who would love to try and play HaH, but won't due to forced PvP and world resets.
Mac70

Postby axus » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:17 pm

Seriouskai wrote:It seems to me the problem with trading is that there's nothing I as a new player can offer to someone that has played for a much longer time that is worth their time, and to get anything better than what I slowly grind towards myself I have to rely on the gifts of stronger people.
In short, it feels like a cat and mouse game where most players are just mice trying to hide from the very few cats around.

Devs could make fast-travel a commodity, that you freely convert into the appropriate token. Balance it so that the total production of fast-travel matches the current total usage; new players like me don't/can't fast travel a ton and would be willing to trade that for stuff we can use. The heavy users would want to buy it.

The village teleport patch was a very good idea, though my new character did not have enough will to make the jaunt that someone had advertised. To be fair I don't know where that was so could be on the other side of the realm. Maybe the 30-minute temporary market teleport could be very cheap, and it pull you back to your starting point after with no option to extend it. There could be an option for the market to pre-pay that with the tokens.
axus

Postby Aperson » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:20 am

well with weed already in the game for some time there's only so much you can do
It is nice to rest your weary bones from time to time. It is nice to lay down your burdens. It is nice to have a seat.
Aperson

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar