Russia invades Ukraine

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Russia invades Ukraine

Postby Odynak » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:31 am

shubla wrote:
Fostik wrote:But yeah waiting for counter attack success, unable to visit my parents in Kherson region due to war :(

Are there shortages of stuff in stores etc.? I've assumed that life in west like kyiv and lviv is quite normal.

In the west it is more or less normal. The closer to the front-line the less it is normal.

There is food and medication shortages on the occupied territories. People have to hunt doves and collect rain water to survive in those cities which had been ruined and occupied by Russians.
Attachments
photo_2022-07-24_17-54-29.jpg
photo_2022-07-24_17-54-29.jpg (211.62 KiB) Viewed 491 times
mariupol.jpg
mariupol.jpg (186.27 KiB) Viewed 491 times
Screenshot_20220729_071935.jpg
Screenshot_20220729_071935.jpg (81.11 KiB) Viewed 491 times
Odynak

Postby Barbamaus » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:51 pm

Taking into consideration how many players are Russian or Ukrainian, and the war still going on, how do you think this will reflect on the new world about to start?
Barbamaus

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:36 am

Barbamaus wrote:Taking into consideration how many players are Russian or Ukrainian, and the war still going on, how do you think this will reflect on the new world about to start?

This will reflect very little because neither the Russians nor the Ukrainians have dedicated factions anymore... if this was back during the days of DIS when Russian players were organized then i would expect alot of them to go around raiding Ukrainians.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Barbamaus » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:30 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:
Barbamaus wrote:Taking into consideration how many players are Russian or Ukrainian, and the war still going on, how do you think this will reflect on the new world about to start?

This will reflect very little because neither the Russians nor the Ukrainians have dedicated factions anymore... if this was back during the days of DIS when Russian players were organized then i would expect alot of them to go around raiding Ukrainians.

Sure that would have been way worse.

I still feel people might end up hunting down Russian villages.. which might lead to a Russian faction again...
Barbamaus

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:29 pm

Barbamaus wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:

Sure that would have been way worse.

I still feel people might end up hunting down Russian villages.. which might lead to a Russian faction again...

Could happen, would lead to some interesting Faction PVP, albeit at the downside of losing alot of players
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby shubla » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:16 pm

Seems pretty normal in Lviv.
Some armed patrols, maybe, but you have those like in Paris and Malmö too?
Some peaceful demonstrations also such as one today in the image.

Anyway, seems like a nice country. People are (often) friendly etc. Seem to be having a good time.

But when you open TV or see the memorials it brings back the harsh reality again. Really hope that the situation will be soon resolved. Slava ukraini!!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Lojka » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:40 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:then i would expect alot of them to go around raiding Ukrainians.

why you think all Russians got something against Ukranians ?

this was is led by corrupt goverment, not by the will of normal people
Lojka

Postby Trappin » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:50 am

Lojka wrote: led by corrupt goverment, not by the will of normal people

I doubt people think that all Russians want war. It's probably closer to a 50-50 split. And things get very complicated when a a friend or family member are conscripted into the army and their lives are literally at risk. I feel bad for both groups - Rus and Ukr - because life at war as an infantry soldier is misery.
Trappin

Postby Procne » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:12 am

I think the problem is that the will of normal people is to be led by a strong chieftain, and for the Russia to be great superpower. Some educated people in Moscow or other big cities might be against Putin, but hordes of people living in poverty in villages across the country are not. And supposedly that's where most of the soldiers is coming from - life as a soldier might be miserable, but not much more than life in their village. At least they get to bring a washing machine back home
Procne

Postby Fostik » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:57 am

For anyone who thinks he is good ruski, here is the checklist:

• Ukrainians should live in peace with ruskis and develop together
  • It's good for everyone from ex-soviet country to speak russian
  • Russia should be great power country and rule the east of Europe.
  • War is caused by west, US to be exact
  • There is a need to protect russpeckers in Ukraine

If you marked at least one point as 'yes' - congratulations, you are imperialist whos unintuitively caused this war, by voting for current government/not acting enough to stop it, supported agenda for contry for the last 20 years which caused this war.
Russia current state can't exist without oppression of assimilated nations:
Belarusian? - Bulbash (coming from potato name "bulba"), eastern people? - Churka. Ukrainian? - Khokhol. I don't even know what are the pejorative slurs for Tuvin or Buriats, but the fact that it was always disrespectful namings for nations. Those namings only shows all the disrespect to all nations that were consumed by soviets and emhatize being russian.
God I hope russians will be left third-sort people for the rest of the century for the shit they done. Remember, the collective responsibility for world war II was bombing of Germany cities, for you this will only be sanctions and visa widthrawal, enjoy.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar