Russia invades Ukraine

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Russia invades Ukraine

Postby Procne » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:39 am

Why is the first bulletpoint bad?
Procne

Postby Fostik » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:40 pm

Procne wrote:Why is the first bulletpoint bad?

Because no country can decide what other independent country should do.
The fact that Ukraine has chosen pro-west development plan instead of pro-russian was exactly the reason why russia started war back in 2014.
And by that friendship and co-development russia always hides oppression of the nation they doing it together with, killing it's traditions, language and cultural features, a typical example of imperialism.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Odynak » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:36 pm

Procne wrote:Why is the first bulletpoint bad?

Because Russia accepts only one type of 'live in peace' approach - on its (Russia's) own terms. If you do not pray to Russian gods you do not deserve to live from Russia's point of view.
Odynak

Postby Procne » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:54 pm

Well, you might want to reword it a bit then.

Because I would like everyone to live in peace with Russia, meaning Russia not attacking anyone
Procne

Postby ErdTod » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:37 pm

So far russia have proven it can't live peacefully at all, so I wouldn't hope for that.

As Fostik already mentioned, it is very - and I mean VERY - common in russia to name any other nation with some sort of humiliating slur. Their social medias and day-to-day communication is soaked in imperialist talk - although many of them sincerely do not understand what is wrong with it: that's just who they are.
ErdTod

Postby Trappin » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 pm

The 20th century history of Ukraine is not well understood in the West. There are two excellent English language history books about Ukraine. Bloodlands by Timothy Snyder and Red Famine by Ann Applebaum. There are more good history books but those two are the start point.

I want Ukraine to be whole again - including the Crimean peninsula. I'd also like to see the Rus puppet government kicked out of Transnistria and the strip of land returned to Moldova. I'm more warhawk than pacifist. That said, I very much prefer that a lot of people don't get killed in the process. It's easy to talk war, and send others to fight it, when I'm safe at home. But if I were Ukrainian I'd be fighting. I support sending Ukraine artillery, missile systems, drones, mechanized troop transport, firearms, ammo, food and military kit but not aircraft. Warplanes require a lot of specialized training to maintain. That training takes a lot of time. Ask the French for jets or the shitheel fkn Krauts.

Recall the 2012-2013 Euro-Maidan protests in Kyiv? The Euro's and Obama encouraged and funded those protests. Yeah, it was called Euro-Maidan not NATO-Maidan. But where are the chicken shit Euro protesters now? After raising this shit storm? Certainly not fighting in Ukraine. All those BLACK BLOC tough guys are hiding under mommy's skirt. So, to conclude this mini rant. Europeans are shit. Lots of talk about MINSK II. Failure theater. They can't provide peace and are too cowardly to go to war.

The Euro's should kick the Russians out of Kaliningrad, but they're pussies and it will never happen.. Oh, and Poland gets Kaliningrad, not the Krauts.

One news report noted 75,000 Russians KIA. I'm wondering if that is true or not. Infantry casualties are approximately a ratio of ~4 wounded for every death which means ~250,000 wounded. I've heard no firm reports of Ukrainian KIA.
Trappin

Postby VDZ » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:16 am

Trappin wrote:One news report noted 75,000 Russians KIA. I'm wondering if that is true or not.

Le Monde wrote:A senior Pentagon official estimated on Monday, August 8 that as many as 80,000 Russians have been killed or wounded in Ukraine since the war began in late February.

In other news, 90% of US citizens have committed at least one act of arson, murder or jaywalking in their lives. 'Casualties' does not always mean 'dead', and when statistics get conflated like this it always leads to misunderstandings and subsequently spread of misinformation.
VDZ

Postby Trappin » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:55 am

The Ukrainian Embassy released it's latest Russian casualty figures - 43,000 KIA. That's still a huge figure. Nothing on Ukrainian KIA. I just read that the French and Germans are "war weary" from all the fighting they've not been doing.

The Germans want to get back to Climate Change fear mongering but those uppity Ukrainians REFUSE TO SURRENDER. Well anyhow, one thing is certain - the climate inside German homes this winter will be changing to cold as a Teutonic witch's teat.
Trappin

Postby VDZ » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:49 am

Trappin wrote:The Ukrainian Embassy released it's latest Russian casualty figures - 43,000 KIA. That's still a huge figure.

And meanwhile the Russians are claiming they've killed or wounded 200k Ukrainian soldiers. Both sides have been exaggerating numbers; active participants in a conflict are never a good source for unbiased information on that conflict. The number of Russian soldiers killed is more likely somewhere between 15k and 20k. There's at least 8k confirmed Russian soldier deaths, but there's definitely more unconfirmed ones.
VDZ

Postby Odynak » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:40 am

VDZ wrote:
Trappin wrote:The Ukrainian Embassy released it's latest Russian casualty figures - 43,000 KIA. That's still a huge figure.

And meanwhile the Russians are claiming they've killed or wounded 200k Ukrainian soldiers. Both sides have been exaggerating numbers; active participants in a conflict are never a good source for unbiased information on that conflict. The number of Russian soldiers killed is more likely somewhere between 15k and 20k. There's at least 8k confirmed Russian soldier deaths, but there's definitely more unconfirmed ones.

You can check independent sources. For example, Oryx.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/a ... pment.html

He collects info which is confirmed by public video/images and every such a case is available at his site. He gives a number 939 of destroyed tanks. And this is only the ones which popped up on internet with their pictures. I guess that real number should be much higher. So the number 1849 from Ukrainian officials does not look like a total fraud.

US officials said that Russia has suffered between 70000 and 80000 casualties, either killed or wounded.
Odynak

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar