My completely transparent moderator application

General discussion and socializing.

My completely transparent moderator application

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:27 pm

I have zero expectations, feel free to DM jorb with a very long and angry "you better not mod him" post.

I am only posting this here as an act of complete transparency and to share my ideas in hopes that no matter who is picked that some of these new ideas are adopted.
Feel free to attempt to add to them, debate them or +1 them.

This is my exact dm to jorb.

If I am made mod you can pretty much expect absolutely nothing to change besides the things that I believe NEED to change, and hopefully with a new base set of rules there will be practically no need for moderator intervention anyways.
Zentetsuken

Re: My completely transparent moderator application

Postby WowGain » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:37 pm

+1 :idea:
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby razfen » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:58 pm

1: Agree wholeheartedly.
2: We are getting into dangerous territory here. The idea itself is solid but i would say instead of "PC topics only", the guideline should be: No discussion of politics, religion and anything similarly prone for heated debates. The whole thing can sound harsh, and it certainly is, but i agree with the thought process. This is a community revolving around a videogame. I don't want to come here reading about what trump did wrong when that's all I hear at work or at home anyway. This place should be devoid of that bullshit.
3: I still think c&i should be just nuked, but this suggestion is something I could live with.

Good suggestions altogether, +1

also consider removing bullshit rules like "don't say dead game" and revising vague twistable rules like "don't be an unfunny troll"

just in general, a full writeup of the actual forum rules would be a nice thing
MagicManICT wrote:Not really any purpose of this thread other than to get a simple answer that some of you special children don't seem to know how to give. Everyone's got to be a fukkin comedian....
razfen

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:14 pm

If this man becomes a mod, I will buy an year long gold subscription
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby VDZ » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:20 pm

-1. Just look at his recent posts in A Plea For Moderation for his thoughts on moderation. He would without a doubt nuke perfectly reasonable posts as he considers them 'dishonest' simply because he disagrees with them. He seems to hate the forums and wants them gone and I think there's a serious risk he'd abuse mod powers to generally discourage further use of the forums. He even seems to hate the devs and the game itself, and views forum activity as something that encourages the devs, something he sees as a negative thing:
Zentetsuken wrote:The harshest truth -

Every single post made of this forum, every single login to this game and every passing moment spent discussing it, good or bad, is only positive reinforcement for the devs. If somebody or something is shit for a decade it's not going to magically get better out of nowhere. There are 10s of 1000s of games out there that can scratch atleast part of the itch that keeps you in this sordid nightmare.

If you play this game you absolutely deserve to be miserable about it.

This man has only ill intentions. Nothing good can come from giving him mod powers.
VDZ

Postby DonVelD » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:23 pm

+1
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:46 pm

VDZ wrote:-1. Just look at his recent posts in A Plea For Moderation for his thoughts on moderation. He would without a doubt nuke perfectly reasonable posts as he considers them 'dishonest' simply because he disagrees with them. He seems to hate the forums and wants them gone and I think there's a serious risk he'd abuse mod powers to generally discourage further use of the forums. He even seems to hate the devs and the game itself, and views forum activity as something that encourages the devs, something he sees as a negative thing:

Every single post made of this forum, every single login to this game and every passing moment spent discussing it, good or bad, is only positive reinforcement for the devs. If somebody or something is shit for a decade it's not going to magically get better out of nowhere. There are 10s of 1000s of games out there that can scratch atleast part of the itch that keeps you in this sordid nightmare.

This man has only ill intentions. Nothing good can come from giving him mod powers.

I am absolutely a known shitposter who has negative opinions about the game and also the developers.

Nothing I can say or do today could undermine that, nor am I trying to, but I believe that the majority of people's post history could be cherrypicked to find some unafavourable content.

I don't think anybody, even people who consider me good friends in this community could argue that I am not an absolute troll and shithead.

This is why I have shared my application in an attempt to remain completely transparent.

I do not wish to cause chaos on the forums, I can do that without a moderator tag.

I guess my personal motivation is that I would actually like to like the game and community again? if I am give the freedom to moderate within the confines of the specific conditions I have posted in my application I feel that the average user would have a pretty difficult time arguing that these are biased, trolly or shitheady terms.

Also, as will be the case with whoever is chosen - if they do end up being completely disagreeable, I am pretty sure they can be pretty instantly demodded?
Zentetsuken

Postby Jalpha » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:54 pm

I actually agree with a change in moderation rules more aligned with point no.2. I'd also like to see slander and doxing made bannable offences.

However I would recommend that future moderators be subject to a thorough criminal history check from their country of origin as well as whichever country they may currently reside in.

Only one of us literally fled their country of origin to seek refuge in a borderline abusive relationship aleck. Maybe it's time you shared the truth.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:06 pm

Everyone who supports him can be taken off the list for being obvious troll ¦]
Even his "application" is just flaming 2 persons in the forum, nice behavior.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby DonVelD » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:13 pm

VDZ wrote:
-1. Just look at his recent posts in A Plea For Moderation for his thoughts on moderation. He would without a doubt nuke perfectly reasonable posts as he considers them 'dishonest' simply because he disagrees with them. He seems to hate the forums and wants them gone and I think there's a serious risk he'd abuse mod powers to generally discourage further use of the forums. He even seems to hate the devs and the game itself, and views forum activity as something that encourages the devs, something he sees as a negative thing:

Why would you jump to the conclusion that he has only bad intentions? He may be a shitposter but he isn't a malicious troll or a complete retard, he may be annoying at times but he does make a lot of good points. Hating the game/devs/both doesn't mean that he will absolutely destroy everything - why would his opinion about the game matter? He might as well use his negative opinions to fix those issues. I believe in his intentions to make the community better.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar