Doomsday Stream

General discussion and socializing.

Doomsday Stream

Postby Harthel » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:57 am

I think the doomsday stream was a really good idea, it's fun to spy on random people. I kinda wish it could be a permanent addition but obviously it's super problematic because of the opsec and also because we can't have nice things. What does everyone else think? I really enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing in the game. I wish there was some sound, at least pipe in the game music or play some DMCA-free banjo songs, or perhaps some woods/campfire ASMR. It would make for a chill stream to have on in the background.

Obviously opsec is pretty important in this game, people can look at the terrain on screen and find you pretty quickly if they wanted and that's why people don't typically stream the game. The fact that it's just a 30-second window with no UI elements is not really a detriment. I'm not sure if it's completely random who it views or based on any variables.

What do you guys think about the 'eye of jorbtar'?
Harthel

Re: Doomsday Stream

Postby VDZ » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:53 am

The privacy issue could be addressed by making it opt-in (or arguably opt-out, but that would be another thing for newbies to need to learn to not get wrecked). After a certain point I wouldn't mind getting streamed, but definitely not when first setting up.
VDZ

Postby Mashadar » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:26 pm

I suppose it could work with a significant delay... like, at least 2 weeks of delay. And of course local chat should never be displayed.
But even though it is interesting, it's probably better off as an end-of-world gimmick and for jorbtar to keep track of what their playerbase is actually doing.
Mashadar

Postby shubla » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:39 pm

Opt in with warning is sufficient.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:45 pm

shubla wrote:Opt in with warning is sufficient.

ironic
Zentetsuken

Postby DonVelD » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:52 pm

XD
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:16 pm

Make it a skill you have to buy or a magic you have to cast or something, easy.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby bumfrog » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:59 pm

sounds familiar…

(Still not banned btw)
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Tubby_Squirrel » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:32 pm

It panned to a guy murdering someone with leaches or something similar, that was pretty amusing XD
Tubby_Squirrel

Postby VDZ » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:08 pm

I noticed chat bubbles (area chat) are visible. While it currently doesn't happen much due to the state of the world, people discuss things unrelated to Haven inside of Haven as well, making this a serious privacy issue. Devs, please disable chat on stream, especially if you plan to continue doing it past the end of the world.
VDZ

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar