Coming back to play

General discussion and socializing.

Coming back to play

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:28 pm

It's been years, but I've never stopped thinking about this game. I can't wait to get back to the point where it feels like I'm logging in to do chores.
I'll die the way I live.
HAL9000

Re: Coming back to play

Postby The_Blode » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:44 pm

After years of lurking the forum i really forgot how cozy it is just taking things at my own pace and exploran stuff
The_Blode

Postby Nexit » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:58 pm

don't get griefed (impossible)
Nexit

Postby HAL9000 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:54 pm

It's been basically a month and I thought I'd express my experiences so far having come back after a few years.

First of all, since my last time playing it feels like such a more finished game. There is so much more to do and it never feels like things are pointless anymore. I don't feel like I 'finished' what I could do that day, there's always more things I can do and a reason to do them.

I love how much redundant foragables and items there are, instead of there only being one way to do something, I have options! I love the new beginner level weapons, the ceramic and flint knife are what I've wanted for a long time! I love how many types of mushrooms there are and how many combinations of foods I can use, I love trying different flour and ingredient combinations, its very fun!

And the season changes are very cool! I have enjoyed the fall season so far and was looking forward to it, as well as making apple/pear cider. I love the seasonal aspects of things!

Overall I'm very glad I came back to play and actually feel like I'm playing a game rather than a chore simulator, so many things feel so much better now and there are so many new fun things to do! I'm looking forward to the continued updates and continuing to play!
I'll die the way I live.
HAL9000

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:05 pm

Wholesome post :D
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby The_Blode » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:58 pm

The client has come a LONG way since I played a few years back. I did buckle down and download Ender for the Alt-clicking and extra information, but I genuinely feel like, for the first time, I'd be totally happy with the default client. They've done LOADS regarding the map, curio info, etc.
The_Blode

Postby ArtemisGray » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:11 pm

HAL9000 wrote:
Overall I'm very glad I came back to play and actually feel like I'm playing a game rather than a chore simulator
Right that convinced me to start playing again after 10 years

I hope you're not lieing to me
ArtemisGray

Postby dagrimreefah » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:37 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:Wholesome post :D

Very :)
dagrimreefah

Postby Fille » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:11 am

Heya, we were in the same village w6, well met :D
Hope the new world is still treating you kindly <3

-ValerieHallaway
Gay mer
Fille

Postby HAL9000 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:11 am

Fille wrote:Heya, we were in the same village w6, well met :D
Hope the new world is still treating you kindly <3

-ValerieHallaway

Good to see you again!

It's been good, I've enjoyed all the quality of life changes and all of the extra content that keeps things fun! and interesting.

Some things are noticeably annoying still but I'm not sure how that could be changed without major overhauls, but I hope one day there's no 'dropoff' curve for players.
I'll die the way I live.
HAL9000

Return to The Inn of Brodgar