low 3rd party support

General discussion and socializing.

Re: low 3rd party support

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:59 pm

Please try to remember that the lack of drinking hotkey is a symptom of retarded decision making. One of the thousand symptoms going away will not fix the problem.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby eebster » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:54 pm

lawls
eebster

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:55 pm

customized hentai ui panes is must have feature, wouldn't play without it tbh
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby DonVelD » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:32 pm

eebster wrote:

lawls

ftfy
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby eebster » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:25 am

DonVelD wrote:ftfy

Do you not understand humor? Thats the fucking joke
eebster

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:11 am

eebster wrote:
DonVelD wrote:ftfy

Do you not understand humor? Thats the fucking joke

Virgin vs. Chad was originally supposed to be a joke about how the "Virgin" is actually a (maybe relatively) practical/sane solution while "Chad" is some crazy ridiculous nonsense. It quickly lost the nuance and devolved into Virgin=bad, Chad=good.

Using the template as originally intended would result in something like this:

Virgin Custom Client Developer:
-Needs stuff like drink key and automating stuff that is just plain boring chores

Chad Default Client Enjoyer:
-Sprucecap and proud of it
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby eebster » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:47 am

Well damn I guess I dont understand humor then. Point is it is insane some people have such level of coolness whilst the peasants roll around without a drink button.
eebster

Postby DonVelD » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:24 pm

uhm, ackshually :ugeek: i just wanted to portray everyone as miserable i dont care about the hecking redditor meme lore
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:14 pm

PVP advantage

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby foxodditea » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:17 pm

ItsFunToLose wrote:
jorb wrote:None that you would agree with, but I'm not excluding adding it. We talked about it just last week, in fact.

The best developers ignore their playerbase and never interact with them. Taking community suggestions and trying to preferentially implement some of them based on the input of your most efficient newb slayers is a recipe for absolute chaos.

Have a vision and stick to it.

If the autists who want to kill newbs all day are mad because they're too good at killing newbs all day and the playerbase dwindles because they've cultivated a culture of killing newbs all day and then complain about why no one wants to play with them, I really don't see how that's your fault for providing a sandbox. There's a very vocal minority that yell really loud and really often to create the illusion that their opinions carry more weight and are reasonable and justified.

Giving players a space to offer suggestions and discuss game mechanics can often lead to productive insight, but giving them the impression that they have some parasitic influence over the direction of the game is something I have never seen result in positive changes over the long term. Players will often make suggestions that subconsciously or consciously result in benefits to their playstyle. They use wordchoice, diction, inflection, tone, and all manner of linguistic persuasion to memetically infect the game designers with the idea that their playstyle is the preferred playstyle and anything that caters to their playstyle is good and anything that restricts or inhibits their playstyle is evil and wrong and dumb. The narrative is constantly and relentlessly framed, again, subconsciously or consciously, in a way that attempts to steer control of the direction of the game to their beneift.

It's like rock paper scissors, except players who throw rock first make fun of players who throw paper. Endlessly. Until players throw paper less often. So that rock wins more.

TLDR; your players, whether conscious of it, or not, are using language to steer the direction of the game to their benefit. Often to the detriment of others.

You've built something beautiful. Don't interact with us.

PS: A drink button for vanilla would be rad.
foxodditea

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar