low 3rd party support

General discussion and socializing.

Re: low 3rd party support

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:10 pm

didn't read any of that but you're probably REEEing so I agree

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Granny » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:11 pm

jorb wrote:So... what's the actionable development suggestion?

I find there is one addition that would mean so much for the game in the long run:

A common safe trade area, supplied by the game - not players.
Only subscribers can own barter stands. Each account get x amount of barter stands with container/house type things to be able to manage them.
All players can buy from barter stands, whether you subscribe or not.
All players have direct access - as easy as clicking a button.
Let players figure out the value of things through barter. You do not need to add a currency.

Since all have access it will also be a place for players to ask questions, to socialize , to gloat, brag, show off etc.
Granny

Postby chrisrock » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:44 pm

Granny wrote:

I find there is one addition that would mean so much for the game in the long run:

Only subscribers can own barter stands. Each account get x amount of barter stands with container/house type things to be able to manage them.
Let players figure out the value of things through barter. You do not need to add a currency.

Since all have access it will also be a place for players to ask questions, to socialize , to gloat, brag, show off etc.

i would LOVE it if they brought back something like boston from salem. that is about the only feature i miss from salem... it really added a lot more socialization to the game and made it so there was so much more drama.
im sure this has been suggested a bunch of times before though, would love to know why they dont wanna do it on haven... :(

also i love larping but i also love pvp, never remove pvp pls
Last edited by chrisrock on Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisrock

Postby bumfrog » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:58 pm

It’s been fucked from the start. Only now, as an mmo community of naive teenagers ages into jaded, miserably efficiency-minded adults, are we seeing in full the inevitable end result of the gameplay systems haven and hearth contains.

Quite frankly j+l should either remove pvp or remove rpg elements (stat gain, quality, etc) and make h&h a fast paced pvp survival game that wipes ~monthly. The two are incongruous gameplay directions whose coexistence is mutually destructive: grinding carrot quality for months is an incoherent barrier of entry for pvp, and while the benefit of tedious grinding mechanics is game longevity, inescapable pvp removes players from the game before they can explore its full complexity and further limits what content experienced players will even bother with since the stakes of efficiency are life and death.

Co-op grinding is fun and fast-paced competition is fun but combining them forces an arms race and rewards players that use any means necessary to succeed. It’s why the successful players will always cheese, exploit, bot, and remain overwhelmingly more knowledgeable of the game+its mechanics than the devs: so long as at least one player is willing to go full minmax autist mode, those that don’t will ‘lose’ and probably die.

I only support “remove pvp” more strongly of the two because I have no faith whatsoever our gnomes can keep up with balancing pvp mechanics.

Dear devs, “LARPers make a pvp game” has been a decade-long exercise in hilarity but maybe it’s time to stop kidding yourselves and just make haven into farmville so people will build the fancy larptowns you so admire and read all your purple prose.
Last edited by bumfrog on Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby sMartins » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:59 pm

Less Haven and more Hearth.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:21 pm

I wrote it somewhere on forum. I will write it again.

Stop adding new features and fix already existing mechanics..
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby ItsFunToLose » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:00 am

There is a small yet violently dedicated subsection of your playerbase who thinks PvP is the only thing worth playing for. That's all they can think about from sunup to sundown. They dream about studying their 420th sprucecap's skull and then rage posting about how they don't care. No one is forcing them to roam the world in search of weakness to expunge. No one is putting a gun to their head saying DO THE MATH OR ELSE. They are self-flagellating and they can't stop. Their minds are so full of formulas and anger that they are mindless animals sating their bloodlust out of habit. "If I'm not the biggest autist, someone else will be" is the fear that drives them to edge of insanity.

Men and women live in separate worlds and play by different sets of rules. Men are locked in endless competition with their peers. Nature demands it. Life demands it. Their competitive sexual drive has been hijacked by a visual dopamine cancer. The male ego and the competition for mates on the physical plane of reality has been rewired into the digital space, with none of the innate rewards. Males who phyically, mentally, financially outcompete are rewarded with access to higher and higher quality females. Biologically compelled to be the provider of resources in a world that is perpetually decaying and on fire. Flickering all around us, the world rots. To provide the illusion for women and children that there are safe spaces to exist. That we are the light in the darkness. Yet, the best players in all games are always angry. Frustrated. Hungry for more. Desperate and confused. They're the winners. Where's their release from this anguish? Where is their reward? Why isn't this enough? These forums serve as evidence of such a state of affairs. Men at the top of a hierarchy, yet completely and utterly frustrated by their own existence.

It's endless with you autists. You are rarely grateful or happy. All you voice are complaints. How much you think the game has been ruined and going in the wrong direction. Yet, in a world with millions of gaming choices, your addiction to this one consumes you. You love it so much, you have to yell at the developers and make fun of the things they have built. You love them so much, you abuse them with verbal violence and mindless assaults on the metagame you choose to play victim to. Toxic and abusive. I only hit you because I love you.

Meanwhile, I'm over here playing dress up in my basement.

We are not the same.

You will never know my joy.

Jorb, Loftar, you are beautiful. The game you have built is beautiful. Because you are beautiful.

I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:16 am

The post above me is literally the same type of guy asking "where world map" and "where cookbook", or "why wiki not working".

Same sprucecaps always missing the point.
Last edited by Nightdawg on Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby bumfrog » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:17 am

ItsFunToLose wrote:fanfic

its a pvp game
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby ItsFunToLose » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:22 am

Granny wrote:

And when would such housing and safety from the elements of nature, man included, come to exist? At the very start of every world? Laughable.

No currency? How, then, are the players ever supposed to learn about the financial violence our fiat currencies inflict upon us in reality? Without a hidden hand guiding the market through private ownership of the coin press, how would we ever first hand feel the sting of inflation, as our money masters print bars of copper and gold into enough coins to buy and sell our labor a thousand times over? How certain are you that those who spend their time creating these massive markets do not benefit handsomely for their existence? Can you be sure they aren't printing coins in the middle of night and taking your labor from you for pennies?

Nightdawg wrote:The post above me is literally the same type of guy asking "where world map" and "where cookbook", or "why wiki not working".

Same sprucecaps always missing the point.

I've never asked any of these questions. You paint me with the wrong brush, mouthbreather. I can hear your huffing and puffing from here. Your anger consumes you and you are blind with madness. Anyone who contradicts your "PvP is God" mindset is an enemy to be attacked.

bumfrog wrote:
ItsFunToLose wrote:fanfic

its a pvp game

quod erat demonstrandum
Last edited by ItsFunToLose on Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar