Stop bullying the devs, It's counterproductive

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Stop bullying the devs, It's counterproductive

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:44 pm

Shut the fuck up, I praise them when they do good work: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=73257

It ain't my fault they're pushing significantly more bugged untested shit+hat patches than actual good stuff. Or they add the "teleport to hearthfire" window to prevent dying to disconnects, which doesn't fucking work when you disconnect. Or they add anti-botting mechanics that literally only help bots and incentivise botting even more. Or similar shit.

Y'all act as if we complain only for the sake of complaining. Did you forget we literally kept crashing whenever we aggroed eachother, for like 13 months? Inb4 you go "UUUUUH I DIDN'T HAVE THAT ISSUE CAUSE I DON'T PVP", you fucking crashed when we aggroed you too, but we fixed it in our custom clients, so now what? Still my fault you're crashing?

I said this multiple times and I'll keep saying it: No patch is better than bugged content. I don't give a fuck if you enjoy your bugged pockets that disintegrate your inventory whenever you relog, that shit is just objectively bad, pointless, and a waste of time.

The majority of the playerbase is not vocal because they don't really give a fuck, not because they're extremely happy about the situation. Most of them don't even have verified accounts. The 2 most vocal groups are the people who want to see this game improve, because the devs created a GREAT game and they deserve to see it achieve great success, and the second group consists of the same 3-4 mongols that complain about the first group. lmao
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Ozzy123 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:03 pm

epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:07 pm

Leave the gnomes alone
DDDsDD999

Postby The_Blode » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:09 pm

Venting is almost always productive for the person venting, first of all. You can say "It doesn't help the game's development" and you might be right, but calling it counterproductive is wrong.
In fact, some of the worst games I've played have started off OK but went to shit as they chose to focus on the people who do nothing but praise and defend the game in it's forums or wherever. Obvious problems ignored because the people who post about them are instantly disregarded as "ungrateful", because "the devs could have NOT added ANYTHING to the game so be happy you got anything at all"

I'm no fan of radio silence in terms of updates, and I'm not advocating harassment, but a bunch of seemingly-whiny players with clear expectations is far superior to a bunch of absolute NPC sycophants that will say "it doesn't matter if combat is completely broken, they added a new couch and bowtie and giraffe hat when they could have added nothing"

starbound
The_Blode

Postby DonVelD » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:24 pm

The_Blode wrote:added a new couch and bowtie and giraffe hat when they could have added nothing

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby bumfrog » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:39 pm

The_Blode wrote:Venting is almost always productive for the person venting, first of all. You can say "It doesn't help the game's development" and you might be right, but calling it counterproductive is wrong.
In fact, some of the worst games I've played have started off OK but went to shit as they chose to focus on the people who do nothing but praise and defend the game in it's forums or wherever. Obvious problems ignored because the people who post about them are instantly disregarded as "ungrateful", because "the devs could have NOT added ANYTHING to the game so be happy you got anything at all"

I'm no fan of radio silence in terms of updates, and I'm not advocating harassment, but a bunch of seemingly-whiny players with clear expectations is far superior to a bunch of absolute NPC sycophants that will say "it doesn't matter if combat is completely broken, they added a new couch and bowtie and giraffe hat when they could have added nothing"

starbound

b-b-but my bounty hunting update! Muh it’s better with FU mod that makes it a different game entirely!

Feature creep/bloat is better than a coherent or fun game, stop whining
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby gravesmerch » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:52 pm

keep trolling so they finally deliver Haven PvE server for building and chatting
gravesmerch

Postby Clemins » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:09 pm

I recently said to a friend and I quote:

I hope that they can see even though the majority of us meme on them and are super jaded, the whole reason a lot of us are still here is because we hope things will get better and know that they can do it. Convincing them to take a look at some things again that they've made almost seems like it insults them. Idk if they're treating this like an art project and just throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks or they're genuinely lazy. Whatever it is I hope both of them wake up one day and either realize they need to get their shit together because the game they made and care about is in need of serious attention or just scrap the whole thing all together and let the few of us left who still believe in them free.

And something else I've come to realize that a big reason I've stuck around haven so longs as because of how many friends I've made it our tiny ass community. I know this sounds lame as hell, but being here and connecting through haven is like having a nieche hobby and being a part of a very small hobby club that has members literally all over the world. That's cool to me, and a very unique experience and it would make me sad to see it fizzle out. I could just sit here and pretend everything is fine and pray to the gnomes that they throw a dart at their idea board and it lands in the dead center where it's labeled "fix existing features and bugs" but they're throwing blindfolded it seems. There are a laundry list of things that need attention in Haven and some things have been on there for years. Yes, we all know it's just 2 Swedish dude's passion project and they can only do some much. But J&L made something truly unique, Haven provides a pretty one of a kind experience and it's literally bursting with potential. It's just impossible not to loose faith when instead of taking a look at something that's very broken, they introduce something else new and broken a week later. Not to mention, they don't really interact with us even though they ask for it. I've spoken with Jorb on a few occasions and we tossed some idea's back and forth and I liked that. I've also mentioned one of my very few gripes with the game to him (not getting into what that is here) and he was very polite and said he'd look into it. Now, I don't expect results just because he acknowledged my concern, but when I'm not the only one expressing this concern it can be kind of worrying that my genuine input is being shelved in favor of adding to a game that just needs some attention.

Honestly, and I might be speaking for myself here, I'd feel a lot better about the state of the game if they'd share a more detailed roadmap on what they plan on doing. Not really for future additions, but more so on what they plan on fixing. If world 15 is nothing but feature fixes and hats, I'd be happy. I know they probably don't like PR and talking to their community all the time but PLEASE Jorb/Loftar, show us you're working on the health of the game. If you want any suggestion on how to do that, make some sort of a closed discussion area where people who have been around long enough can give genuine input instead of contacting you on Discord or posting a public thread on the forum where someone who just started playing says steel making is fine despite never touching it. Honestly, despite everything I think they are more than capable of turning everything around and revitalizing the game and I really hope they do, I just hope that the dart lands in the center soon.
Clemins

Postby HarryDresden » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:35 pm

I like gaem
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby pbbllt » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:55 pm

Clemins wrote:bigass wall of text

average argument haver

vs

based opinion enjoyer
HarryDresden wrote:I like gaem

game good
no perfect
pls no make worse
pbbllt