Stop bullying the devs, It's counterproductive

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Stop bullying the devs, It's counterproductive

Postby bumfrog » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:25 am

wonder-ass wrote:100% guaranteed game will sky rocket in subs if u add cock growth based on str/con and maybe do the same for females with con/cha increasing breast size, lactation could be sold as a commodity to fighters for increased stamina per gulp.

Devs ignored this suggestion last time, I’m afraid
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:37 pm

It's counterproductive

good
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby sMartins » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:18 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
sMartins wrote:Make a spectacular game, much better than this and show them how it's done.

Custom client developers have already proven it's trivial to create a more enjoyable experience than Jorbtar. Jorbtar has proven they they are not willing or capable of learning from them.

Making things easy does not necessarily mean making them better, in fact the two rarely go together.

So following your reasoning those who made the whole thing, the game we all like, should adapt to those who try to make the game foolproof?

I'm pretty sure that if the developers did everything that people asked then no one would like the game anymore.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Zentetsuken » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:36 pm

sMartins wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:
sMartins wrote:Make a spectacular game, much better than this and show them how it's done.

Custom client developers have already proven it's trivial to create a more enjoyable experience than Jorbtar. Jorbtar has proven they they are not willing or capable of learning from them.

Making things easy does not necessarily mean making them better, in fact the two rarely go together.

So following your reasoning those who made the whole thing, the game we all like, should adapt to those who try to make the game foolproof?

I'm pretty sure that if the developers did everything that people asked then no one would like the game anymore.

Are you just trolling or playing devils advocate out of boredom at this point?

I have a hard time believing that this is your actual real opinion. Did snail upset you? Is this just a personal thing?
Zentetsuken

Postby DonVelD » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:27 pm

sMartins wrote:i fucking love sucking dick, cock is the only thing that i crave in my life, i want jorbs enormous cock to be balls deep in my ass while loftar cums on my face, while i scream "default client, best client!!" and moan out "the game is perfect, try to make one yourself haters!!"

I agree!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby sMartins » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:59 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
Are you just trolling or playing devils advocate out of boredom at this point?

I have a hard time believing that this is your actual real opinion. Did snail upset you? Is this just a personal thing?

Devils advocate, pretty much, the devil can be your friend cause, despite everything, he tells the truth.

No personal problems with the snail guy, just showing him what he Is saying it's not true.
Eg. It's not better erasing trees, just makes the game something else, and if noone would have It there wouldn't be even any benefit .... But you like this game, so you have some kind of trust in the guys who made the whole thing, sure can be improved, but denaturing the thing itself for some shallow convenience, on the long run, won't make the game better, but worse.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Clemins » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:10 pm

sMartins wrote:denaturing the thing itself for some shallow convenience, on the long run, won't make the game better, but worse.

"Shallow convenience" is kind of dramatic considering just how much better the game runs when you can hide things like reeds and trees. Custom clients (for the most part) exist to fill in the gaps that the devs either haven't yet, or are actively choosing not to.

You might even be surprised to hear this, but the vast majority of people who play haven are on a custom client. Either Enders, bootleg Ards, that one guys client that was posted recently, or a private client. People who play on vanilla are the minority.
Clemins

Postby zcstover » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:19 pm

in my opinion people don't use custom clients because they make the game better, but rather they use it because it gives them an advantage. and if you're playing to have a chance you have to use the tools that everyone else is, otherwise you're at a hard disadvantage. that does not mean that the custom clients improve the game, likely the opposite.
zcstover

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:30 pm

I got more FPS on Ardennes client pre-render rewrite in most situations than I get on vanilla client now. My graphics card/CPU are both like 5 generations newer.

Most public clients do not give a big advantage, they're just vanilla with some of Jorbtar's inability to not even vaguely intuitive UX mitigated. I get (BAD) motion sickness when playing vanilla, worse than playing VR.

These are facts, not opinions.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DonVelD » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:43 pm

zcstover wrote:in my opinion people don't use custom clients because they make the game better, but rather they use it because it gives them an advantage. and if you're playing to have a chance you have to use the tools that everyone else is, otherwise you're at a hard disadvantage. that does not mean that the custom clients improve the game, likely the opposite.

reeds, moving trees
thanks
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar