it is absolutely fucking crazy that vatas wrote this

General discussion and socializing.

Re: it is absolutely fucking crazy that vatas wrote this

Postby sMartins » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:45 am

Slavery is the basis of capitalism, where you need start-up capital, the easiest way is to get cheap labour, here is the surplus you need to get the machine going.
But if you stay in a closed system at some point the purchasing power equals the wealth produced, the money in circulation, the wealth is always the same, you can't make more than what you put into circulation.
Hence globalisation, new markets from which wealth flows, in the long run the same reasoning applies, wealth is finished.
Capitalism is doomed to fail, in fact it has already failed, we will suffer its tail blows for a few more decades, at the very least.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby DonVelD » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:28 am

out of all finns vatas seems to be the most okay one, based
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby The_Blode » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:35 pm

sMartins wrote:Slavery is the basis of capitalism, where you need start-up capital, the easiest way is to get cheap labour, here is the surplus you need to get the machine going.
But if you stay in a closed system at some point the purchasing power equals the wealth produced, the money in circulation, the wealth is always the same, you can't make more than what you put into circulation.
Hence globalisation, new markets from which wealth flows, in the long run the same reasoning applies, wealth is finished.
Capitalism is doomed to fail, in fact it has already failed, we will suffer its tail blows for a few more decades, at the very least.

Wait, is there capitalism still happening somewhere that I don't know about?
Because here in north america, capitalism died a messy, violent death the first time a company was bailed out using tax dollars. We've been living in some kind of pseudofascist-corporate dystopia ever since, not "capitalism".
The_Blode

Postby sMartins » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:52 pm

It is very much alive in us, unfortunately.

Everything is merchandise.

What is land, a commodity or something to be safeguarded?
And water? Air? The trees? The seas?

The scandal in the news, recently here in Italy, is about young youtubers, in their early twenties, who for a challenge (to make views and thus money) rented a lamborghini and sped through the city streets and ended up killing a child.

Whose fault is that?
sMartins

Postby The_Blode » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:30 pm

sMartins wrote:It is very much alive in us, unfortunately.

Everything is merchandise.

What is land, a commodity or something to be safeguarded?
And water? Air? The trees? The seas?

Really? "things are for sale, so it's capitalism" is your assertion? I'm genuinely disappointed in you.

sMartins wrote:The scandal in the news, recently here in Italy, is about young youtubers, in their early twenties, who for a challenge (to make views and thus money) rented a lamborghini and sped through the city streets and ended up killing a child.

Whose fault is that?

The fault of our world's secondary currency, Attention. Attention seeking is among the top ills society faces currently. The minor amount of resulting ad revenue means nothing to someone willing to put forward the money to rent a luxury vehicle.
The rampant fall of responsibility among mankind plays a part, too.
The_Blode

Postby sMartins » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:39 pm

It's not just "things are for sale", is that everything is represented as a commodity, with its own price.

There are some things that do not have a price.

And one must always keep in mind that money is only a tool, what instead this model has positioned as an end.

And these, to all of us, seem just rhetorical speeches, because the reality of things penetrate inside us, that's how it works, they say, winking.
sMartins

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:19 pm

DonVelD wrote:out of all finns vatas seems to be the most okay one, based

he do be the only finn I like so far, but the bar's been set very low
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby The_Blode » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:33 pm

sMartins wrote:It's not just "things are for sale", is that everything is represented as a commodity, with its own price.

And one must always keep in mind that money is only a tool, what instead this model has positioned as an end.

And these, to all of us, seem just rhetorical speeches, because the reality of things penetrate inside us, that's how it works, they say, winking.

okay, Plato, but what does that have to do with capitalism?
You are a terribly difficult person to interact with.
The_Blode

Postby Clemins » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:12 am

The_Blode wrote:
sMartins wrote:It's not just "things are for sale", is that everything is represented as a commodity, with its own price.

okay, Plato, but what does that have to do with capitalism?
You are a terribly difficult person to interact with.

Don't worry, I got this...AHHEMM

In the vast expanse of existence, why do you engage in this futile endeavor? What purpose does it serve to grace this space with your verbose expressions? Is it not an act driven by an insatiable ego, a desperate need for validation? Despite your feeble attempt to display erudition, it is abundantly clear that you possess the least amount of self-awareness amongst those who partake in this forum.

None among us peruses your words and exclaims, "Ah, behold the profundity of his language! Surely, he possesses great wisdom!" The truth, however, remains apparent to all—anyone can string together words in such a manner; it is merely an arduous and vexing exercise to endure. Cease your pontifications and direct your efforts towards addressing your inner insecurities. Engage in discourse as an ordinary being, for these meanderings of yours find no welcome audience here. Reside within the confines of your philosophical musings on some other obscure corner of the internet, for they hold no relevance or significance within this forum.

- Cleminington, S. III. (2023). Haven and Hearth - The 14th Edition.™
Clemins

Postby The_Blode » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:28 am

I have a word for this... what is it, what is it?
Ah, yes.
"Based"
The_Blode

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar