Truly at a loss

General discussion and socializing.

Truly at a loss

Postby MoonShioss » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:51 pm

This game is super fun. I enjoyed it a lot. This whole first week of a new world was exciting, scary, and well, fun. But the game's a bit unforgiving... I just happened to look away for a few minutes today to do a chore and came back to a death screen, with my body in someone's (extremely) massive village fortress. Obviously after going through all the stages of grief, I realized what do they even gain from murdering me? Some clothes and a couple of small study items? Meanwhile, I don't merely lose a few clothes and study items but 90% of the last 100 hours I spent, as well as all the clothes, items, buildings, and every study item I've finished studying. I lost everything ( and 450k LP) in a single moment, and they gained less than an hour's worth of work. This is literally unbalanced.

No offense Jorb and loftar to your guys' respectable view on PvP, but it's not like nothing can be done to curb this. Karma can exist, where everyone in the world receives a buff that decreases the more crime you commit (almost like your FEP/hunger system but with crime instead). OR how about instead of getting my corpse locked into a cellar with dozens of other corpses for decades, why not let them return to hearthfire after some time or something to be buried. You could create pre-made factions that players can choose from at the beginning of the game (in the wizard's area) so that even if a player wants to play alone it doesn't mean all strangers are the enemy. I don't know I'm sure there's tons of holes in these suggestions, but there are surely things that can be done to improve the just absolute loss people feel when their character they've invested every waking hour into dies whether to legitimate PvP or just a single moment of carelessness that is capitalized upon by some random (at least if an animal kills me I can still bury my body and skull).

Anyways, thanks for the game it was definitely worth the money I put into it.
MoonShioss

Re: Truly at a loss

Postby VDZ » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:01 pm

How did you lose your buildings and items? That shouldn't happen by looking away for a moment. If your stuff is properly protected you only lose at most your character and the stuff you were carrying.

Also, even without your body you can still inherit everything via 'Lament the Departed'. It's just a lot harder.
VDZ

Postby Dawidio123 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:02 pm

VDZ wrote:How did you lose your buildings and items? That shouldn't happen by looking away for a moment. If your stuff is properly protected you only lose at most your character and the stuff you were carrying.

Also, even without your body you can still inherit everything via 'Lament the Departed'. It's just a lot harder.

Well not everything but about 80-85% (i think) of stats and lp so yeah no big loss here.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby MoonShioss » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:07 pm

VDZ wrote:How did you lose your buildings and items? That shouldn't happen by looking away for a moment. If your stuff is properly protected you only lose at most your character and the stuff you were carrying.

Hate to sound like a noob (I am, relatively), but I was carrying the only set of keys for my fort lollol. 100% my fault of course and I realize that. As for Lament the Departed... I didn't know about it previously, I wonder how many more times I will end up dying before being able to do so... Thanks for the advice.
MoonShioss

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:07 pm

I always love these I played for a week here are my hot opinions threads
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby MoonShioss » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:10 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:I always love these I played for a week here are my hot opinions threads

:P Can't argue with that haha, I did play for the final month and a half of World 14, but I doubt that's much different for Vets like you.
MoonShioss

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:12 pm

MoonShioss wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:I always love these I played for a week here are my hot opinions threads

:P Can't argue with that haha, I did play for the final month and a half of World 14, but I doubt that's much different for Vets like you.

You should just let it be a learning experience lil bro, don't go AFK unless you have a real wall to protect you. Even then, maybe don't go AFK. There's no penalty for signing out to take a pee.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby HarryDresden » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:14 pm

You didn't lose everything. You learned the ropes and found out the hard way how things go. Now you can choose if that time was worthwhile and fun and to keep playing or to go off of your own accord.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby gravesmerch » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:35 am

did OP had Rage skill or was boat destroyed, or sumthing?
gravesmerch

Postby loleznub » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:56 am

gravesmerch wrote:did OP had Rage skill or was boat destroyed, or sumthing?

Most likely in a boat in deep water that was bashed, or at least in the rivers/ lakes to be found. Not being there to teleport back to hearthfire if not in deep water is what got him (from them KO'ing multiple times) chances of someone finding them randomly in the wilderness pretty low comparatively

If you find someone in deep water afk might as well bash the boat and take the body.. there's no crime or scent associated with it afterall
loleznub

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar