Truly at a loss

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Truly at a loss

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:28 am

Aerona wrote:Seek professional help. That doesn't seem like a healthful addiction to have. I should know, because that's how it is talking to most of the people who are eager to respond to my posts. More of an affliction than an addiction, there, though. I'd love to have some more discussion with people who don't see red and can actually read my words without fantasizing about artificially-intelligent Shublas or whatever.

Post your IQ
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Aerona » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:35 am

Hah! For a while I've been thinking about pointing out how the majority of your posts seem to betray an obsession with rating "intelligence levels", but with that one you just make it seem redundant. You might want to reconsider your relationship with MENSA, they might have given you the wrong impression.
Aerona

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:43 am

Aerona wrote:Hah! For a while I've been thinking about pointing out how the majority of your posts seem to betray an obsession with rating "intelligence levels", but with that one you just make it seem redundant. You might want to reconsider your relationship with MENSA, they might have given you the wrong impression.

Post it
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Aerona » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:52 am

Sure! It's unknown! Because I haven't been tested in decades. I've also been tested more than once with different results every time because that's how IQ testing works. I can say with reasonable confidence if I were tested today the rating would be within 5 to 10 points of the threshold between the 'above average or bright' and 'moderately gifted' categories. I can say with complete confidence that it wouldn't mean anything. What this means in practical terms is that if thirty randomly-selected people the same age are in a room with me, I'll be one of the top performers on such a test, while if 100 people are in the same room I could be expected to be in the top 10 but almost certainly not in the top 3.

I'm also quite confident no one else cares. But hey, I made you happy, and that's what matters, right? (I did not make you happy. That's not going to happen.)
Aerona

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:59 am

Go get tested so I can deride your intellect more accurately

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

Postby Aerona » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:51 am

Hey, if you want to deride the intellect of ~90% of the people here you can (and do) do that without my help. The accuracy is irrelevant, kind of like how it doesn't matter how good your aim is when you're throwing rotten cabbages.
Aerona

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:29 pm

OP had a great reaction to losing in a video game, other than thinking he is remotely experienced at this game yet. Congrats on recovering, I'm rooting for you!

Aerona wrote:-snip-

Not that audiosmurf is all that, but if you actually gave a shit about hermits you would advocate for them without whatever the fuck this was supposed to be :roll:
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:20 am

Apocoreo wrote:audiosmurf is all that

(´▽`ʃ♡ƪ)

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

Postby Aerona » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:09 am

Not that audiosmurf is all that, but if you actually gave a shit about hermits you would advocate for them without whatever the fuck this was supposed to be *crumpet*
The way the word 'hermit' is being used here is as unhinged as the way that guy uses the word 'retard'. Might as well spell it out for once: A hermit is someone who lives in solitude, especially for religious reasons. Here, it's used to refer to just about anyone who isn't part of what Rust players would call a "clan" or "zerg". (Incidentally, in Rust the players who would be called "hermits" here are called "solos", "duos," "four-mans", "five-mans", and so on, as appropriate for how many share the same "bases".) So, no, I don't give a shit about what you call "hermits," because you're not using the word in a way that has any relevant meaning. As far as I know, there aren't any actual hermits in Haven & Hearth, and if there were I doubt we'd ever see them on the forum unless it was just to explain that this game has limited utility for that kind of role-play.

To the extent I can figure out what people mean when they say "hermit" or "sprucecap" or whatever, here, I don't care because the goalposts shift with the breeze and they're practically just terms of abuse or, less commonly, endearment, without precisely describing any player demographic. It would be more appropriate to say I give a shit about the majority of players and don't give a shit about the angry hotheads who think their ooga-booganess makes them better than everyone else. (How's that for vocabular practicality?)

H&H does have cave hermits, though. They get bonuses for living as far away from the surface as possible. Any advocacy they may or may not need has nothing to do with this thread and I haven't a clue about it because I've never been below the first cave layer and don't anticipate that will change.
Aerona

Postby abt79 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:24 pm

so true

what if some rude ooga booga bastard brutalized a bunch of these poor innocent People of Hermitage using a knarr full of combat bots?

i say we protect these foxhat batcape boys at any cost, including permabanning such menaces and any of their alt (bot) accounts!
abt79

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar