Is "asking" for verified account legal?

General discussion and socializing.

Is "asking" for verified account legal?

Postby Alinorksa » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:44 pm

Hi,

I met a guy who offered to give him my verified account for the life of my character (?).
Why is this kind of behaviour tolerated?
Alinorksa

Re: Is "asking" for verified account legal?

Postby Massa » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:18 pm

yeah man you're fucking dead anyway lmao this is a pvp game

people will kill you and say wack shit
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:30 pm

If he asked for Image that is an extra bonus, not the source of verification.

You still shouldn't give in to any RMT extortion. You'd probably need to relocate your character/base anyway even if you pay up, or you establish yourself as a steady source of protection money.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Aerona » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:16 am

To answer your question, because there's only two people running the server so intolerance of said behavior can be difficult to express. Same reason why social media moderation falls short, there's just not enough staff available to deal with every incident. You don't have to tolerate it, though, you can memorize the character, and even if they're able to kill you (it's not that easy to kill in this game, since you usually get KO'd and can teleport home) it's possible to inherit "memories of kin" and create a description of the player on parchment so that anyone you make it available to can identify them in the future. Though, I imagine that type of hearthling won't be long for the world anyway.
Aerona

Postby Harunobu » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:46 am

No matter how 'hardcore' people say this game should be, it should be illegal. If this game is 'hardcore' then griefing this way should 100% get your character nuked.\\

Just play normal and inside the rules and this game is 'hardcore' 'enough. You are able to, and allowed to, do PvP without breaking the rules by including real life harassment.

Just nuke their account to have 10 and 1 in all attributes and abilities, together with a warning.
Harunobu

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:56 am

I have to agree that it's very gay that this type of behaviour is tacitly endorsed by the devs due to their silence on it
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Reiber » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:44 am

Harunobu wrote:No matter how 'hardcore' people say this game should be, it should be illegal. If this game is 'hardcore' then griefing this way should 100% get your character nuked.\\

Just play normal and inside the rules and this game is 'hardcore' 'enough. You are able to, and allowed to, do PvP without breaking the rules by including real life harassment.

Just nuke their account to have 10 and 1 in all attributes and abilities, together with a warning.

the difference between:
an guy just killing you on sight without saying an word,
an guy killing you on sight and demanding real money to not kill you,
is none, normally snail just lets her nigger typing bot loose on you before stealing your q 4 beehives,
killing spuces on sight is asshat behaviour, no questions, but the attempted extortion dosnt make it any worse nor demanding dev attention,
if somebody would give his account to somebody in exchange for not killing the character on that account, i would honestly blame the victim.
Last edited by Reiber on Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reiber

Postby Harunobu » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:42 am

Learn to spell and phrase your thoughts in a coherent way. This so then other people can read what you are typing and you aren't wasting your time.
Harunobu

Postby azrid » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:47 am

Its not legal
Its also up to you to punish these criminals
azrid

Return to The Inn of Brodgar