HnH Needs Adjustment to Wipe Frequency or Progression

General discussion and socializing.

Re: HnH Needs Adjustment to Wipe Frequency or Progression

Postby trinh » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:07 am

Exactly as Jock wrote.

I fear that no one is capable of designing a game that would balance the efforts of "hardcore" gamers, who treat the game as a full-time task, and the rest spice it up by using bots, quickly going through the entire designed technological progress, and all that remains is PvP (which is not super engaging or interesting), or arranging life around sieges and taking over provinces for better kingdom buffs.

Resetting the game every 3 months will cut off casual players (of which there are not too many to begin with) here I wouldn't expect there to be many if after years you are aware that your farm, which you've been paving for the last 3 weekends, can be destroyed by another player who spends their entire life in the game, and your character gets killed because it happened to fish at the wrong time and place. Who in their right mind would invest time (and money) in such a game?

The game has many toxic mechanics that require from players an extraordinary level of engagement and arranging their lives around activities in the game. Here, I agree, for example, waiting for taming animals, obtaining steel, or the previously mentioned sieges and conquering provinces.

(translated by chatgpt cause I'm lazy)
trinh

Postby Clemins » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:22 am

6 months 8-)
Clemins

Postby Fostik » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:08 am

Thanks for raising this topic.

For the discussion I would say this is rather question of skill than of a client/bots, etc. I myself saw people do achieve high stats and quality with no bots, as well as I saw how well experienced and organized villages being collected from scratch.

I would also add that if not short worlds, here's how mechanics can be changed in a good way:
- Add more spiraling mechanics
- Make spiraling require full dedication for player
- Make items exclusive (shit not become useless after you able to get 20 quality better than old one)
- Encourage trading
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:01 am

I hear what people are saying about 3 months being too short for casuals - It's also too short for veterans/hardcore players if the grind isn't reduced, because they'll burn out. Hence the proposal for less necessary grind.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Hickupp » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:39 am

"... ardennes, which is available for anyone."
Sure, sure. In theory, but not in practice.

(The initial install script don't even works out of the box on a native Linux system. Easy to fix if one knows the (stupid) reason. But so is everything else ones one knows how.)
Hickupp

Postby Dawidio123 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:29 am

Hickupp wrote:"... ardennes, which is available for anyone."
Sure, sure. In theory, but not in practice.

(The initial install script don't even works out of the box on a native Linux system. Easy to fix if one knows the (stupid) reason. But so is everything else ones one knows how.)

If you don't know how to fix an install script why would you use linux lmao. Ard bootleg is easily available to everyone your unpopular choice of OS doesn't change that, the issue with ard bootleg is that it's an old render piece of shit that works on a very thin ice until loftar actually decides to intentionally fuck shit up for them, afaik they don't even get old render res files for stuff and they have to do some frankenstein bs to make it work. (Which partly contributes to it running like shit in any cluttered area)
If you have some programming know how you could probably try to get Havoc updated for yourself since it's A LOT better due to being new render but is sadly abandoned until someone decides to take over.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby grumgrumganoe » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

ur butthole needs “adjustment to wipe frequency” tbqh
grumgrumganoe

Postby Ø » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:02 pm

grumgrumganoe wrote:ur butthole needs “adjustment to wipe frequency” tbqh

lmfao
Ø

Postby Archiplex » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:27 pm

damn why would anyone ever suggest embracing wipes as a consistent game mechanic

i got hunted down and sieged/killed by snail for the above thread btw. probably because i had and still have an anti-botting stance (though at this point more 'make things easy so you dont need to bot or add psuedo-botting mechanics to the game at its core')
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby grumgrumganoe » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:25 pm

snail hunted you down for a thread from 2019? Ok retard+not reading allat
grumgrumganoe

PreviousNext