I can't see the world map.

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Postby miyaathena » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:33 am

Tell me a link to a working world map,please.
And please teach me how to meet the main character and the secondary character.
miyaathena

Re: I can't see the world map.

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:08 pm

To spawn a second character at your location, you need to build a Wilderness Beacon.

You can find more information on the wiki (which isn't even supported by the devs btw, this is done by players that care about you more than they do):
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Wilderness_Beacon

Keep in mind that the wilderness beacon can be used only for new characters. If your second character is already created, you need to determine where you are located on the world map.
But the public world map is no longer available, because this too is made by players, and they probably quit the game for now.
So good luck with that, or as the devs would say, go fuck yourself sprucecap.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Miss_Min » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:07 pm

scowlwhine wrote:I seem to be having the same problem, I'm not seeing the world map working. Please help me.

Nightdawg wrote:But the public world map is no longer available, because this too is made by players, and they probably quit the game for now.
So good luck with that, or as the devs would say, go fuck yourself sprucecap.
(emphasis mine) (plz to learn to read)
Miss_Min

Postby dagrimreefah » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:46 pm

Miss_Min wrote:(plz to learn to read)

the irony lol, nowhere was this emphasized at all dumbass
dagrimreefah

Postby Miss_Min » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:10 am

Adding 'emphasis mine' is a perfectly normal way of saying 'oh look, here is a thing that Nightdawg wrote further up the thread, you didn't seem to see it when he wrote it before so now I am putting some of it in bold to make it easier to see'.

But anyway, what you could have said instead of or in addition to adding to my bitchiness is,

The very lovely irongete has uploaded a new world map! it lives here!

(please let the server come back and this map be relevant)
(I do not want a new world to happen while I am in the middle of nomad)
(I am extremely grateful that there is a world map again, because starting nomad and *then* realising that there was no world map was Not Fun).

ETA: ohhh, are you being petty and saying it only counts as emphasis if I put it in italics? yeah no this is bbcode, I am not a coder and don't even know if there is an [em]em[/em] tag here*, I am using the word 'emphasis' to say that I was making it visually more distinctive, which I happened to do by putting it in bold. Back when I had to handwrite shit at school I underlined it, that was still being used to emphasise a section of text.

* OK now I know, clearly there isn't.
Miss_Min

Return to How do I?