Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Jons » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:40 pm

Yep, this world axe hard cap also bones.

Nope, they are not all q10, keep looking.

Cya
Jons

Postby Dr3amt » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:40 pm

Jons wrote:Nope, they are not all q10, keep looking.

Cya

Yeah I kinda remembered that after I ask the question but man I've had such a bad luck in this world finding anything other than q10 chickens :lol: But then today, finally, q21 \o/
Dr3amt

Postby Dondy » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:19 am

Look for flint wash, rock formations found in water. They provide higher q stone without requiring you to risk mining or dodging bats inside caves, and I believe the stone q may be capped by your survival, not your masonry.
Dondy

Postby Dr3amt » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:59 am

I found this in one of those shoreline junk piles.

What does "Memory of Pain" mean?
What does the golden star next to quality mean?
Dr3amt

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:41 am

Dr3amt wrote:Image

I found this in one of those shoreline junk piles.

What does "Memory of Pain" mean?
What does the golden star next to quality mean?

Basically, the golden star and memories of pain are some retarded larp shit, that spreads around on crafted items like some pointless disease.

"Memories of pain" is 100% irrelevant, I don't even know for sure what causes it. I THINK it pops up on items that were crafted while you have wounds. But also, I also think that if you use an item that has "Memories of pain" in a recipe, then the result item will also have it? Either way, the most pointless thing in this game, next to dryads.
That "Star" means that an item's quality has been improved, using a star shard. Star shards are pretty much gems, but instead of giving stats, they can only be imbued into items to boost their quality. Just like memories of pain, that shit spreads around like a disease. For example, if you used it on ONE metal bar, to boost its quality, and then used that metal bar to craft a smithing hammer, every single thing you will craft using that hammer will also have that star. Items that have that star can't be imbued again with another star shard to boost the quality.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Dr3amt » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:16 pm

Gonna try tame a wild horse.

How do I know when the horse has entered Combat Stance?

The wiki say something about a yellow number but I don't see any number on the horse :shock:
Dr3amt

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:32 pm

Dr3amt wrote:Gonna try tame a wild horse.

How do I know when the horse has entered Combat Stance?

The wiki say something about a yellow number but I don't see any number on the horse :shock:

His legs will be like /\
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby lordgrunt » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:38 pm

yellow number will show up when taming stage is completed (ie horse is beaten and combat ends)
lordgrunt

Postby abt79 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:26 am

specifically, once you’ve Attacked an animal in “ready for taming” crouch stance and punched it enough times, it will disengage combat and briefly display a yellow number that signifies its “taming completion percentage” after that taming session (it will also do this when you initially tether the wild animal to a hitching post/tree). I.e. if the yellow number displayed after your taming combat is a “45” that means the animal’s tame is 45% complete. You can check this percentage at any time by Adventure>Inspecting the tethered animal.

A clovered and tethered wild animal starts with 15% “taming completion”. Each session will increase the percentage by like 15-30%, and at 100% the animal will transform into its domestic variant.

Note also that taming completion will decay by a few percent each day (likely after its crouching mode ends) and the wild animal will become untethered and then quickly despawn should it reach 0%. For best results should check your tames at least twice a day, since the crouch window can happen anywhere from like 15-35 hours after the previous one.

As for what the Combat Stance looks like, the animal is basically crouching and rocking side to side. I’ll add picture comparisons to the wiki when I get the chance but it’s pretty obvious.
abt79

Postby anon737 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:14 pm

How do i set the price for my goods more than 100 coins? I recently bought an item for 250 lead coins. Now i am trying to set up my own stand to sell some stuff, but the max price i can get is 1 stack of coins (100 coins total). What's the secret?
anon737

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?