Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby eden234 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:38 pm

anon737 wrote:How do i set the price for my goods more than 100 coins? I recently bought an item for 250 lead coins. Now i am trying to set up my own stand to sell some stuff, but the max price i can get is 1 stack of coins (100 coins total). What's the secret?

If you want to pay more than 100 coins you can use https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Gift_Box

If you want to charge more than 100 coins you can set any amount and press ENTER.
eden234

Postby fishbro001 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:37 am

Is it worth to try to find copper on lvl 2?

I have spent around two weeks trying to find copper and was only able to find two wine glance tiles so far.
fishbro001

Postby xyzzy57 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:18 am

fishbro001 wrote:Is it worth to try to find copper on lvl 2?

I have spent around two weeks trying to find copper and was only able to find two wine glance tiles so far.

These things seem to be very local. Where I am, there's so much wine glance on level 2 that no one tries to hoover it all up, or protect deposits we find from from neighbours coming from their own mineholes.

On the other hand, tin is a complete pain in the posterior. In other places, there's loads of tin on level 1, but where I am, all we have on level 1 is lead glance. I wind up taking a boat to a cave some distance from my village, and mining tin there - there's more than enough, so no one's trying to claim it, put it behind a palisade, or harvest it all.
xyzzy57

Postby Dondy » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:07 pm

I have a pair of baby goats that aren't drinking from the barrel of sheep's milk I provided them.

I had the same problem in the last world with a colt that wouldn't drink from a barrel.

I could have sworn baby animals used to be able to drink from a barrel of milk. The wiki still says they can.

I have put a lactating ewe with the goats for now.

Anyone have insight? Looks like I am going to lose the kids.
Dondy

Postby vatas » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:03 pm

Was it goat milk specifically in the barrel? If the case turns out to be that it needs to be milk from same species.

This would mean no barrel milk for colts since mares can't be milked (same as with sows (female pigs.))

Presumably females horses/pigs still have milk reserve she refills (as long as she has given birth, not sure if there is a mechanic where female stops lactating if too much time has passed since birthing), just that players can't access it.
Last edited by vatas on Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby donatas081294 » Mon May 01, 2023 10:31 pm

What would be the best number set for lighting options for either global or zoomed?
Like what would be the max number at which there's no point going any more as it would do nothing. I guess the default is set at 16.
donatas081294

Postby commathingy » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:45 pm

Has Credo abandoning changed? I'm on the first quest and it's really unfeasible, but I remember that abandoning the first quest kicked you off the Credo. I also saw somewhere that it may now instead give a time penalty (is this penalty until I can abandon again or is progress not possible for this time period?). I would rather not lose the LP investment.
commathingy

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:30 pm

commathingy wrote:Has Credo abandoning changed? I'm on the first quest and it's really unfeasible, but I remember that abandoning the first quest kicked you off the Credo. I also saw somewhere that it may now instead give a time penalty (is this penalty until I can abandon again or is progress not possible for this time period?). I would rather not lose the LP investment.

You'll see two buttons, one to abandon the quest and one to abandon the credo, selecting abandon quest lets you reroll your first credo quest once per hour or so.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby commathingy » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:45 pm

Did fishy eyeball chance get set to 0 or something. I've butchered at least 70 fish and I've got plenty of roe but no eyeball. I recall it being fairly common (maybe 1/10 or better) but it seems gone now. Seems weird if chances were removed since it was a fairly decent curio which required fishing to even get.
commathingy

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:22 am

commathingy wrote:Did fishy eyeball chance get set to 0 or something. I've butchered at least 70 fish and I've got plenty of roe but no eyeball. I recall it being fairly common (maybe 1/10 or better) but it seems gone now. Seems weird if chances were removed since it was a fairly decent curio which required fishing to even get.

Also they added "Study a Fishy Eyeball" to a tutorial quest you unlock when you buy Fishing.

I assume you just have had exceptionally bad luck.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?