[Outdated] Sevenless' beginner guide to Haven and Hearth

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Sevenless' beginner guide to Haven and Hearth

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:37 pm

nuker22110 wrote:hey sevenless, what is your current strength when mining, and do you still encounter 'rock is too hard' message when mining on cave level?
what str do you recommend with a q11 pickaxe for getting to better ores>?

I've got 90 str and a Q12 pickaxe, and I frequently hit hardness nodes I can't even scratch on cave level.

Your best bet for better ore is to look for an iron ochre vein. It can be mined even at 10str q10 pickaxe I believe, and it produces 2-3 bars per smelter with all but deep artifice. Beyond that, due to being a hermit and very slow quality grind, I can't say much about going deeper underground unfortunately. I do know that bloodstone exists on L2, but no real clue on what mining score you'd need to play with it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby banok » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:53 am

How come your hermiting <7? You didn't hermit in salem if I remember correct.
banok

Postby Sevenless » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:25 pm

banok wrote:How come your hermiting <7? You didn't hermit in salem if I remember correct.

XD I prefer Sev.

I burned myself out being a village leader tbh. It's a lot of stress and I'm not the healthiest stress tolerance wise (I'm pretty open about the fact that I'm living on disability due to mental disorder). All in all, it was a fun chapter of my life, but I need to take care of myself. Video games shouldn't make you wake up at 3am in a panic because someone is attacking your walls. Haven is a pretty intense game, and I can only play intense games if they have strict limitations on when said intensity can take place.

I miss some aspects, but overall the game is much better for me the way I'm playing it currently.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby Drevar » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:10 am

A write-up on how to create/"repair" roads with signposts and milestones would be great. I had a hell of a time trying to relink signs that I had to destroy due to bad placement (the sign blocked the follow path, resulting in a Waylaid "buff").
Drevar

Postby pedorlee » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:38 pm

Question about taming: Do i need to wait the animal to get the atack stance in order to tame it once ive done it already ITs my second day and im not sure if I need to wait or what.
Thanks
pedorlee

Postby Sebthegrand » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:14 pm

How long does it take the worms to die after they hatch with no food?
how2 win again?
Sebthegrand

Postby Kelody » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:03 pm

Sebthegrand wrote:How long does it take the worms to die after they hatch with no food?

I think the wiki info on silk is still accurate. They will eat every 4 hours after hatching and die if they have no food twice.
Kelody

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:48 pm

Yeah, the wiki information is correct. The only information that has changed on sillk production is the time to reproduce, which got extended a few hours recently to give players a bit more time to get in and sort moths out before they die or mate randomly.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:30 am

pedorlee wrote:Question about taming: Do i need to wait the animal to get the atack stance in order to tame it once ive done it already ITs my second day and im not sure if I need to wait or what.
Thanks

You have to wait for it to get into combat stance to continue taming. Attacking it for any other reason will reset taming progress and often makes it unhitchable (aka if you don't kill it it'll unload with the map tile).

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby NawtyNurse » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Ok, forgive my horrible noobyness, but..
The guide referenced gathering stone to make an axe, how does one do this? I've tried clicking on everything that even remotely looks like a rock, but no option to chip stone.

What am I doing wrong?
Have already made the backpack out of birch barks though :)

NN
NawtyNurse

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?