Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:48 am

The_Lich_King wrote:what animals can give chop from fighting and what animals can give cleave? in w8 ants gave chop but i have been endlessly grinding and can't find chop yet? and i could never figure out what gave cleave in w8.

Not so much about the animal, but if you have the right combination of equipment, IP, and situation. I've gotten chop from ants pretty consistently on new characters. Never gotten cleave because I just didn't stick with last world long enough to get the equipment needed. Needs a sword or axe equipped (stone axe doesn't count if I understand right) and enough IP to use it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:57 am

How do I build well? I found spot where I get message "The water table is not rising any further from here." but I couldn't place Well sign either to forest, paved or dirt terrain.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby naosnule » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:00 am

Does quality matter on Wooden Shield?
naosnule

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:06 am

naosnule wrote:Does quality matter on Wooden Shield?

Most likely not since it just allows you to use "Shield up" move, and it says it's only modified by Melee Combat ability.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby naosnule » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:07 am

vatas wrote:
naosnule wrote:Does quality matter on Wooden Shield?

Most likely not since it just allows you to use "Shield up" move, and it says it's only modified by Melee Combat ability.

thx!
naosnule

Postby The_Lich_King » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:31 am

How do I make a fyrdsmans sword.I have asked before and didn't get an answer and have been looking all over forums for recipe and can't find it.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:06 am

The_Lich_King wrote:How do I make a fyrdsmans sword.I have asked before and didn't get an answer and have been looking all over forums for recipe and can't find it.

2 Wrought Iron, 2 Blocks of Wood. Presumably needs (just) Metal Working.

vatas

Postby The_Lich_King » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:11 am

vatas wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:How do I make a fyrdsmans sword.I have asked before and didn't get an answer and have been looking all over forums for recipe and can't find it.

Then how come I Can't make it? Do I need metallurgy.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Glorthan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:15 am

The_Lich_King wrote:
vatas wrote:

Then how come I Can't make it? Do I need metallurgy.

You've turned your cast iron into wrought with a finery forge? Many people confuse wrought iron with cast.
Glorthan

Postby Turtlesir » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:39 pm

vatas wrote:How do I build well? I found spot where I get message "The water table is not rising any further from here." but I couldn't place Well sign either to forest, paved or dirt terrain.

HOW TO BUILD A WELL

common problems:
- highest point may still not be high enough: see 3.
- both the tile to be place it on and the one under the handle need to be buildable: see 4.

1) the dowsing rod points to higher areas of the water table.
2) wait for a dowsing, walk a few steps in the direction it's pointing, then wait for another dowsing.
3) when you find the highest point, it will say "The water table won't rise any further from here." this is what you're looking for. HOWEVER: it doesn't always mean that you can build a well there, the water may still be too low despite being the highest point in the area.
4) try to place a well to be sure. you can't build on forest terrain, the easiest way to turn it to buildable terrain is just to dig one soil, then place it back, which will turn a 2x2 area around itself into dirt. NOTE: you need at least 1x2 buildable area to place a well, the tile where you place it AND the tile under the handle.
5) if the water table is not sufficiently high, it will say "The water runs too deep." and you will need to find another spot. move away from your spot (10-20 tiles) until you get dowse readings from another spot and start over.

it requires a bit of effort, but once you understand how it works i guarantee you will find a suitable spot.:)
Turtlesir

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?