Combat

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Combat

Postby kwagam » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:22 pm

Just one question...

...how?

Cant left click any skills, cant place em on hotbar, can do nothing.
kwagam

Re: Combat

Postby CloudJhi » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:23 pm

number keys, 1 2 3 4 5 to select a move.
I have no idea how it works for now and what the arrows at the corner mean but that's how it is used.
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby Óðinn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:25 pm

Think you need to set up skillsets in the martial arts and blabla tab?
Óðinn

Postby kwagam » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Tyvm, will try :)

Btw - arrow in corners correspond to attack type. Striking / sweeping / backhanded etc.
kwagam

Postby Čif » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:36 pm

best way how to figure it out is SPAR with your mates, but i could tell u somethin about combat.

certain blocks are for certain attacks.
its all about picking right defence (or attack) depending on opponets move.
so for example.
if player is triggerin quick dodge - which blocks punch (green triangle), then u switch to left hook attack which is heavy attack (blue triangle)
so lets say ur attacking with punch, opponent uses quick dodge . ur 10 points of dmg is blocked (-10), in case ur keep attacking with punch and if opponent try to block with sidestep (which is blue triangle - type of fight technique) which blocks heavy attack, he will penetrate u.

its important that block is not passive move anymore, which was case in old haven game.

so here you can see its Striking technique and text is same color like triangle, so tis simple, green block vs green attack.

so its about recognizing players attacks or defend and use proper ones to overcome.
but for now if i figured out, system is a bit retarded, cuz if u keep blocking u lose ur turn, since block uses cooldown (which is same with attack)
its better to keep attacking, not blocking. so how to win a battle? pump your constitution, agility, unarmed and make sure ur health bar is full, then you can hope u can overcome ur enemy

still need to figure out initiative points system when i get more fighting abbiliteis.
and in CHARACTER SHEET , UNDER MARTIAL TAB - u can setup moves ull use in next battle, then SAVE it.

would be nice if somebody would explain what means number of attacks like what is difference of having 1/5 punch or 3/5, is it number which shows how many times move will appear in combat so u can use it?

for example i tested putin only 5/5 punches.
ull get this in combat as result:

btw small purpkle dot shows u which one move u hae triggered when u pressed ( keys 1 - 5 )
ill help u more when i find out soon

ants ants ants.
they use some move called hill formation - as u can notice its green and yellow triangles. white bar - i gues it shows that its a defend move, if u use green or yellow attack bar will be absorbed...
as u can notice one of defend moves u have its called Jump, so its for dodging yellow attacks. still need to figured it out)+.. i f u have somethin to add, do so
Čif, aka Panj
Čif

Return to How do I?