2 questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

2 questions

Postby McSnaipa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Can log cabins be destroyed?

How do ants behave in this update? i did the usual tactic, but instead of getting confused, ants just attacked me as if water didn't exist.
McSnaipa

Re: 2 questions

Postby shubla » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Not many know much about combat yet. It will tkae some time until people get UAC and start doing experiments. Log cabins can be destroyed. Loftar stated earlier that when you build log cabin or any wall or other stuff. It will start with very low soak, so you can destroy it even with freshly spawned char. Soak increases over time. So in about 3 days it will be in its full soak and much harder to destroy.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Flameturtle » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:54 pm

I've killed an ant with 6UA 1v1. I might make a combat thread with what I know about it so far.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby McSnaipa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:56 pm

what i was trying to ask was if ants can get 'confused' if you make them walk into water
McSnaipa

Postby jorb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:59 pm

McSnaipa wrote:what i was trying to ask was if ants can get 'confused' if you make them walk into water

This was actually never intended behavior in Old Haven, but rather a bug that stayed around long enough to become institutionalized.

You can, however, draw them away and then double back and raid the nest.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Corn_Cob » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:12 pm

jorb wrote:This was actually never intended behavior in Old Haven, but rather a bug that stayed around long enough to become institutionalized.

Is this what happened with the old Tanning Tub glitch?
Corn_Cob

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Corn_Cob wrote:
jorb wrote:This was actually never intended behavior in Old Haven, but rather a bug that stayed around long enough to become institutionalized.

Is this what happened with the old Tanning Tub glitch?

Tanning tub glitch was, if my memory serves correctly, intentionally left around because of a nasty bug related to tanning progress being undone if the map unloaded.

I presume since this started from scratch that bug no longer exists, and so the need for a tanning quickfix is gone as well. Salem didn't have it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Yupp.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:33 pm

shubla wrote: So in about 3 days it will be in its full soak and much harder to destroy.

Note this is 3 in-game days, or about 24 hrs server time (plus whatever time doesn't tick because the server is lagging badly or down).

Sevenless wrote:Tanning tub glitch was, if my memory serves correctly, intentionally left around because of a nasty bug related to tanning progress being undone if the map unloaded.

The "92%" was intentionally added because loftar never found the time to fix the real bug at the time, and when he found a fix via other objects, never got it moved back over. There's a 2010 or so post about it if the forums didn't eat it with the rest of the archives.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to How do I?