[Outdated] Sevenless' beginner guide to Haven and Hearth

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Sevenless' beginner guide to Haven and Hearth

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:30 am

dinmaker wrote:So, Mammoths are a thing, not sure if they are aggressive or not,

Jorb said something about a "relatively low chance" or something along those lines. I'd have to dig an exact quote out of the patch notes. Yeah, don't mess with them if you can't handle them.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Fallencido » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:26 am

Question about tamming:

* there is anyway to check if the animal is tied up ?
* if i releash him and tie him to the post, will it lose the tamming process ?
* how many rounds for mouflons and how much can i leave him in combat mode waiting ?

mouflons.png
mouflons.png (180.82 KiB) Viewed 3131 times

those little fellas should be in fight mode by now :c
they are my 5th try, according to the guide it takes 24 hours for it to enters in "waiting for combat"
one of them should be in the 2nd or 3rd round at 21:05, i get in home by 22:30 and he wasnt.
the other one should be ready for combat at 23:45 and still nothing ;c (its 00:24 in my timezone)

plz help a noob from stop acumulate deep cuts :cry:
and sorry for bad english.
Fallencido

Postby Sevenless » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:31 pm

If an animal is not tied up, it will wander around and disappear if you log off. They wander really far away from the hitching post so it's kinda noticeable.

Yes you do.

I seem to think mouflon are 3-4 rounds? When you succeed a taming round points appear above their head, you need to reach a total of 100 to finish taming.

Fight mode has some RNG attached to it. They stay ready to fight for 2-4 hours I seem to think? After that they go into another waiting phase. Normally it's ~24 hours ish between fights.

P.S.
Thanks for the tip about the cliff thing. That sounds like another AI abuse, which as we've seen the devs have been patching out. I'm not sure it's a reliable method that'll stand the test of time as a result. Further, I've heard rivers were significantly re-added to the game. I'm assuming most hunting is done by boat now?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Redkat » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:46 pm

Not around my place, Sevenless. Most do by bow or sword I think - on horseback.
Redkat

Postby pedorlee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Sevenless wrote:If an animal is not tied up, it will wander around and disappear if you log off. They wander really far away from the hitching post so it's kinda noticeable.

Yes you do.

I seem to think mouflon are 3-4 rounds? When you succeed a taming round points appear above their head, you need to reach a total of 100 to finish taming.

Fight mode has some RNG attached to it. They stay ready to fight for 2-4 hours I seem to think? After that they go into another waiting phase. Normally it's ~24 hours ish between fights.

P.S.
Thanks for the tip about the cliff thing. That sounds like another AI abuse, which as we've seen the devs have been patching out. I'm not sure it's a reliable method that'll stand the test of time as a result. Further, I've heard rivers were significantly re-added to the game. I'm assuming most hunting is done by boat now?

Its noticeable but if you dont have a monster fence where they can walk a lot or in the case he has more animals thats not the best way for that.
I recomend him, if he doubts an animal is leashed or not, just to get a rope and leash animals again. If he has 2 animals of each and he doubts on muflons, the only thing he needs to do is leash those animals to the hitching post. If the hitching post is already in use a message appears telling him its already in use, so he just needs to try one per one till he finds a free one.

Also if he skips the fighting stance, the animal will loose 10 points of taming. If the animals reaches 0 it will eventually disapear, if im not wrong.
pedorlee

Postby Fallencido » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:29 pm

).png
).png (189.01 KiB) Viewed 3094 times

Thank you very much guys :D

lost the other one in the last fight because of a client crash :(
Fallencido

Postby Sevenless » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Good job fallen!

And thanks for the pointers kat and pedor. It'll be interesting how to approach "beginner" hunting since taming a horse comes long after that stage.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Ethanator » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:24 pm

Hey man i like your guide, it is very well written.
Last edited by Ethanator on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ethanator

Postby Hasta » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:57 pm

Ethanator wrote:I already made a post about it but i haven't gotten any responses.

You had some responses already while posting this. To reiterate: hit Space. If not working, hit SHIFT+Del. If it also fails, and you're using a custom client, go to UI Settings - Reset windows positions, then relog.
Hasta

Postby Ethanator » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Hasta wrote:
Ethanator wrote:I already made a post about it but i haven't gotten any responses.

You had some responses already while posting this. To reiterate: hit Space. If not working, hit SHIFT+Del. If it also fails, and you're using a custom client, go to UI Settings - Reset windows positions, then relog.
Yeah i know that, thanks for answering, i wrote this after i made the post and wasn't getting and responses. (I'm very impatient)
Ethanator

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?