abilities

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

abilities

Postby mobtown » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:15 am

can someone describe what each one does? For that matter what each of the stats do also
mobtown

Re: abilities

Postby rollinggun73 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:57 am

This won't be perfect, but this is what I know:

Unarmed Combat: This is basically a cheaper form of melee, the higher this is the harder you hit.
Melee Combat: Affects the effectiveness of moves in combat whose weights are affected by Melee Combat while fighting with weapons
Marksmanship: Increased speed of aiming with sling and bows and softcaps the quality of bows.
Exploration: In conjunction with Perception, determines how often you will find herbs and other items in different areas.
Stealth: Influences visibility and quantity of crimes scents, which you leave (Intelligence*Stealth).
Sewing, smithing carpentry, cooking, and farming are all basically for making higher quality products related to that specific ability.
Survival: Increases the softcap a character has on the quality of herbs picked.
"Trust can be one of life's greatest rewards, but it can also be the cause for the most destruction in one's life" - John-Talmage Mathis
rollinggun73

Postby Gensokyo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:05 am

rollinggun73 wrote:This won't be perfect, but this is what I know:

Unarmed Combat: This is basically a cheaper form of melee, the higher this is the harder you hit.
Melee Combat: Affects the effectiveness of moves in combat whose weights are affected by Melee Combat while fighting with weapons

Combat stats (non-ranged) effect block effectiveness and how effective your attacks are against blocks, damage is based on calculations of STR and base damage (+ quality if weapon other than hands).
Gensokyo

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:20 am

Here's a pm I sent to someone else on the topic:

Combat skills (Unarmed, Melee) determine combat weight. If your combat weight is 10 and your opponents is 10, attacking them will deal 0 damage but you'll break their defense. If your weight is 10 and theirs is 5, you'll break their defense and deal some damage. I hope that makes sense. It is both your attack and defense.

Marksman increases the speed at which you aim your bow when aiming.

Exploration x Perception determines what foragables you can see when exploring. With 10 perception and 2 exploration you can see spindly taproots. With 8 exploration you can see tons of taproots, nettles, dandelions, etc.

Survival determines the quality of foragables, animal products, and resources like clay and dirt. Quality increases the value of items. A q10 item has a 1.0x multiplier. A q40 item has a 2.0x multiplier. So a q1 nettle shirt gives +1 Survival, q10 gives +2, and q40 gives +4. Same deal for curiosities. A q10 dragonfly gives 800 learning points and a Q90 gives 2400 learning points without increasing mental weight, experience cost, or study time.

Stealth lets you hide crimes. Stealth x Intelligence. =)

Every other skill improves quality in something. Carpentry helps wood goods, sewing helps clothes, smithing helps metal goods, etc..

--

I apologize but I'm too tired to reply with what stats do, such as Strength, Perception, etc. at the moment so someone else will have to help you.

Edit: Survival hardcaps foraged goods, not softcaps like the poster above said.
TeckXKnight

Return to How do I?