Best usage of Alts?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Best usage of Alts?

Postby Amethyst0 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Hello!

I played a few years ago. I was a hermit and I remember having 2 characters. My main was for exploration, combat, gathering, etc. But my alt stayed in my village to craft, hold my important items and kept the key (or whatever it was).

This time around, I'm playing with others. I suck at PVP for various reasons, so I know at some point I'll be losing my main. Anyway, should I be keeping an alt around for any reason? Can I feed them LP items and have them hold the key to my house or whatever? I was thinking about doing that anyway and specializing in left hand stuff or sewing.

Anyway, any advice for a newbie. Thanks
Amethyst0

Re: Best usage of Alts?

Postby simimi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:38 pm

Sure, and alt may also be usefull when you dont whant to spoil your food shem by loosing stamina.
Things like terraforming, cutting trees, and other works that use a lots of stamina are best done by alts, you feed them with junk food to restore energy and when there hunger is to low you park them and do another alt.
simimi

Postby banok » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:49 pm

Afk fishing with intestines.

limited log in time system really makes fishing stupid.
banok

Postby trinh » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:57 pm

limited only for freeloaders ;)

One alt for farming, sitting inside walls safe and cozy, other one - an adventurer which most likely die someday :)
trinh

Return to How do I?