whats the deal with pickaxes?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

whats the deal with pickaxes?

Postby evilrich » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:02 am

are they not providing the boost to mining anymore? faster is nice, but not being able to deal with harder rocks kinda sucks, considering the effort some of are putting into producing them..
evilrich

Re: whats the deal with pickaxes?

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:31 am

Pickaxes never did receive a bonus to chipping at harder stone, just the speed and stamina drain.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby evilrich » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:27 pm

really? it always felt like they could do harder stone to me... well, if thats the case, thanks for the answer, and you can probably delete this thread :p
evilrich

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:40 pm

evilrich wrote:really? it always felt like they could do harder stone to me... well, if thats the case, thanks for the answer, and you can probably delete this thread :p

They can effectively do harder stone since the stam bar drain was the problem as you approached your strength limit. So you could mine harder stuff than you could with a hand axe, but cap didn't change.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Return to How do I?