UA and Agi lvls for combat?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

UA and Agi lvls for combat?

Postby lithis » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:25 am

Anyone willing to share what sort of UA/Agi they are using to melee down each animal and whether or not it requires kiting or if they have enough Agi to just stand in its face?
lithis

Re: UA and Agi lvls for combat?

Postby Labrynthia » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:10 pm

I'm fighting ants at 7 UA, 18 AGI. Just keep your defences up amd hit fast.
Argus is correct.
Labrynthia

Postby rewan2 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:14 pm

For ants it's 5 UA and 10 agi
rewan2

Postby hazzor » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:18 pm

I started fighting bats with no chance of getting hit (unless I screwed up) at about 15-20 UA and ~18 agi. now getting those stats higher I can be more aggressive about it and get more aggressive moves inbetween keeping up defences

A lot of fighting some animals is know what move types they use, for bats you only need backhanded and striking defence for example.
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

Postby cpt1silencer » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:24 pm

I don't know, I've heard you only need backhand defense for ants, but dose it really hurt to have all your defense up? they seem to hit what ever defense they feel like if you have more then just quickdodge up. and fighting anything larger you notice a full defense and 1/2 of another defense bar going down on hits, I assume if you notice this you should increase your UA until their only takeing down one defense.

I could be crazy, fighting boar and badgers is alittle hectic so maybe they just blow through one defense and do damage despite having multiple up, I'm not completely sure if another defense absorbs any leak through.
This game really needs a great sword...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qacgb2b8LVU
cpt1silencer

Postby hazzor » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:39 pm

cpt1silencer wrote:I don't know, I've heard you only need backhand defense for ants, but dose it really hurt to have all your defense up? they seem to hit what ever defense they feel like if you have more then just quickdodge up. and fighting anything larger you notice a full defense and 1/2 of another defense bar going down on hits, I assume if you notice this you should increase your UA until their only takeing down one defense.

I could be crazy, fighting boar and badgers is alittle hectic so maybe they just blow through one defense and do damage despite having multiple up, I'm not completely sure if another defense absorbs any leak through.

no, that's a result of the animal using an attack that hits two different defence types, if you have a green guard and a yellow guard and I hit you with a green hit that goes through your guard, you take the damage and your yellow guard stays intact, the problem is I don't think we really know all the different attacks that all the animals use yet

And the reason that you would only use specific guards where possible is so that you spend more time hitting instead of putting up guards you don't need, the less time you spend using defensive moves the faster the enemy dies
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

Postby cpt1silencer » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:45 pm

hazzor wrote:
cpt1silencer wrote:I don't know, I've heard you only need backhand defense for ants, but dose it really hurt to have all your defense up? they seem to hit what ever defense they feel like if you have more then just quickdodge up. and fighting anything larger you notice a full defense and 1/2 of another defense bar going down on hits, I assume if you notice this you should increase your UA until their only takeing down one defense.

no, that's a result of the animal using an attack that hits two different defence types, if you have a green guard and a yellow guard and I hit you with a green hit that goes through your guard, you take the damage and your yellow guard stays intact, the problem is I don't think we really know all the different attacks that all the animals use yet

And the reason that you would only use specific guards where possible is so that you spend more time hitting instead of putting up guards you don't need, the less time you spend using defensive moves the faster the enemy dies

I don't see how using only quickdodge against ants is ok, when you can use jump and it'll still block ant attacks. why would jump block a backhand attack, the ant must just use an attack to hit my defense if I have a defense up, any will do.
This game really needs a great sword...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qacgb2b8LVU
cpt1silencer

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:27 pm

cpt1silencer wrote:I don't see how using only quickdodge against ants is ok, when you can use jump and it'll still block ant attacks. why would jump block a backhand attack, the ant must just use an attack to hit my defense if I have a defense up, any will do.

If your jump guard is blocking ants their attack is probably omni style. No one's really figured out exactly what the animal attacks use combat style wise.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Ninijutsu » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:57 pm

Jump has never blocked an ant attack for me, and quickdodge always blocks ant attacks.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:58 pm

Ninijutsu wrote:Jump has never blocked an ant attack for me, and quickdodge always blocks ant attacks.

Did some testing just to make sure (again... it'd been a while). Quickdodge/sidestep block, jump does not.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Next

Return to How do I?