Choosing a permanent residence?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Choosing a permanent residence?

Postby Malke » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:31 pm

My group has finally found metal, and we have decided to try to find a more permanent spot for our base. Leaving our modest camp behind we are wondering what exactly you guys look for in a base location? What will matter to us in the long run? Thanks for any responses :D
Malke

Re: Choosing a permanent residence?

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Malke wrote:My group has finally found metal, and we have decided to try to find a more permanent spot for our base. Leaving our modest camp behind we are wondering what exactly you guys look for in a base location? What will matter to us in the long run? Thanks for any responses :D

Check my sig for my beginner guide. It covers that detail, even if it's not done yet :) believe it's "Setting up camp" you'd want to control+F
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Malke » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:40 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Malke wrote:My group has finally found metal, and we have decided to try to find a more permanent spot for our base. Leaving our modest camp behind we are wondering what exactly you guys look for in a base location? What will matter to us in the long run? Thanks for any responses :D

Check my sig for my beginner guide. It covers that detail, even if it's not done yet :) believe it's "Setting up camp" you'd want to control+F

Thanks for the info. Do you know much about the village idol? Does it need 30k learning points right after it is constructed?
Malke

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Malke wrote:
Sevenless wrote:

Thanks for the info. Do you know much about the village idol? Does it need 30k learning points right after it is constructed?

150k can be split 5 ways was what I heard, and that was in legacy I think?

Currently, for small groups of trusted friends there's not much point in having one. A big Personal claim will do fine.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby Malke » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Gotcha, what exactly would be the benefit of having a village idol then?
Malke

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Malke wrote:Gotcha, what exactly would be the benefit of having a village idol then?

Communal chat, "promotions" if those are still in game (slight stat bonus from equippable items you can't equip without the promotion), and the ability to force declaim personal claims.

That last one is why you might want one eventually. Allows your villagers to each have pclaims, but the village gets final say if they're acting up.

edit: worth noting legacy haven allowed teleportation to village claims, and this was a significant bonus because you could use it to trade at a distance very easily. With new teleportation mechanics this isn't applicable anymore.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby shubla » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Íts 30k and it can be splitted equally between 2, 3, 4, or 5 persons.
So 30 000, 15 000, 5000 and 3000
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Malke » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Seems like something to worry about in the future. Thanks for the info! We will begin scouting locations. We walked about an hour and a half from spawn. Should we walk say another two minimum?
Malke

Postby Malke » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:58 pm

shubla wrote:Íts 30k and it can be splitted equally between 2, 3, 4, or 5 persons.
So 30 000, 15 000, 5000 and 3000

Do they all need to have yeomanry?
Malke

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:35 pm

Malke wrote:Seems like something to worry about in the future. Thanks for the info! We will begin scouting locations. We walked about an hour and a half from spawn. Should we walk say another two minimum?

Yep. 3 hours out will give you a couple neighbours but not too crowded.

Also sorry about being wrong with the lp, info absorbed :D

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Next

Return to How do I?