Regionality of Wild Windsown Weed Products?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Regionality of Wild Windsown Weed Products?

Postby Kuriak » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm

So by this point, in search of plant fiber (hemp, flax), I've probably dried about 50 different WWW's. Of those, nearly 2/3 were either Beetroots, Pipeweed, or Poppies. I went on two different 2 hour expeditions in opposite directions collecting WWW'd from far away, and had somewhat similar results, except this time I got 1 hemp, some grapes and peppercorn (in addition to tons of beetroot)

Do different areas give different seeds, or have I simply been unlucky? I still want flax, and I'd like more barely seeds, and I'm trying to determine whether I want to waste my time traveling for several hours again trying to get different seeds.

Also, does anyone know what I need to unlock the Herbalist's Table? Do I need plant fiber for that? Probably one of the last low-mid end non-metal products I don't have.
Kuriak

Re: Regionality of Wild Windsown Weed Products?

Postby Mashadar » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:59 pm

WWWs are indeed regional, so there's no real point in collecting many of them from the same area.
And yeah, you need to discover plant fibres for herbalist table.
Mashadar

Postby chrisrock » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:28 pm

Mashadar wrote:WWWs are indeed regional, so there's no real point in collecting many of them from the same area.

as in area do you mean like biomes?
chrisrock

Postby MightySheep » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:38 pm

found everything except barley, seriously can not find barley anywhere its annoying, anybody know location of it?
MightySheep

Postby raybon256 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:05 pm

I dried a lot a WWWs and only recently found flax/barley/other stuff to make straw and plant fibers. But I think it's not impossible to find everything in your region. Keep at it.
raybon256

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:40 am

chrisrock wrote:
Mashadar wrote:WWWs are indeed regional, so there's no real point in collecting many of them from the same area.

as in area do you mean like biomes?

a minimap sized area, or about 100x100 was the general rule of thumb. Nobody knows quite for sure and it may look more like a node map.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to How do I?