Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby vatas » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:02 pm

Pavement/vein pictures seem inaccurate, I guess they're generated using automated system.

Diabase on the lef, Diorite on the right.

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby WowGain » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:40 pm

Pretty much all the information from the Dove updates has been added to the wiki

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Rock_Dove
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Dovecote
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Birdhouse

The only outstanding things are redoing the dove droppings page, adding pages for squabs and a few things related to dove eggs, and the FEP/LP numbers for dove meat and feathers.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Phaen » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Who is a good person to contact about regaining my access to my Wiki account? I started in 2011 and I no longer have access to the email I used back then.
Phaen

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:25 pm

Phaen wrote:Who is a good person to contact about regaining my access to my Wiki account? I started in 2011 and I no longer have access to the email I used back then.

Check your PM. I forwarded your request to mvgulik. I don't know what the policies are on such matters.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:21 am

I take it you(Phaen) lost both your RoB account password, and access to its related email address.

For cases like these there are no official RoB policies.
At least not at RoB admin level, as RoB admins do not have the means to solve a case where both Password & Email where lost.
And something like this has also never come up before either, as such I don't know Spiff's stand on this ... as he seems the only one that could potentially solve this.

So the only option here would be to put in a request to Spiff (by me or (preferably btw by) MagicManICT) to change the password on your account and to PM it to you here.
Needles to say that I and/or MagicManICT will need to vouch for you in this.

At this moment I have at least two question in this. (Answer by PM)
- What was the email on your RoB account ?
- And when did you lose access to that email account ?
mvgulik

Postby Phaen » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:43 am

Ok, I pm'd you!

As far as vouching, are you looking for someone to vouch that I am the same human bean that was using this forum account in 2011-2014? That's a tough one, a lot has changed in the last 6 years and in 2014 I largely quit playing video games to work on my anxiety/depression. Most all of my haven friendships didn't get maintained. I can try poking around though.

Well, now I'm imagining one of those movie scenes where one of my former lawspeakers asks me a question that only I would know the answer to :D

Anyhow, I hope we are able to figure something out
Phaen

Postby mvgulik » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:10 am

Phaen wrote:As far as vouching, are you looking for someone to vouch that I am the same human bean that was using this forum account in 2011-2014?

It is, or better was, more that I had no potential doubts left. And that at least some checks where made that could have been made (no matter how trivial a RoB account might be).

(Seems the problem might be resolving itself ...)
Last edited by mvgulik on Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
mvgulik

Postby lkaser » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:34 pm

Hello, I noticed that glass beads require painting skill to do, but my character can make it without it. Therefore I believe that it is false or outdated, especially because I see no reason why it would need that skill.
I don't know wiki rules, therefore I don't change it myself, I have no further suspicions on this page and I will answer questions if there are any.
lkaser

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:47 pm

lkaser wrote:Hello, I noticed that glass beads require painting skill to do, but my character can make it without it. Therefore I believe that it is false or outdated, especially because I see no reason why it would need that skill.
I don't know wiki rules, therefore I don't change it myself, I have no further suspicions on this page and I will answer questions if there are any.

Thanks for pointing this out. It should be fixed now. (Note: any pages that make use of the infobox information to fill in tables may need to be manually refreshed before they show updated information.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:14 am

Password reset troubles (solved and fixed, by Spiff):
As it turns out RoB's outgoing e-mails where being blocked.
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?