Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby vatas » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:52 am

Have to commend Wowgain for significant improvement on https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Smoke_Shed

Only thing it's potentially missing is confirmation that unlike alchemy, wood combinations aren't rerolled on resets (unless Jorbtar change their minds) and perhaps link to external resource to help find alternative wood combinations if the optimal one isn't available.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:47 am

Those are the things the wiki needs, thx :D
could also add beaver dog with fairy mushroom and laurel = pretty sick con feps
Pommfritz

Postby WowGain » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:36 pm

vatas wrote:Have to commend Wowgain for significant improvement on https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Smoke_Shed

Only thing it's potentially missing is confirmation that unlike alchemy, wood combinations aren't rerolled on resets (unless Jorbtar change their minds) and perhaps link to external resource to help find alternative wood combinations if the optimal one isn't available.

pog thanks, the original data table drove me nuts the second i read it with how it basically implies to a nab that smoking isn't basically required for sausages to be useful at all past the very early game, especially with early-game hunger management.
info about if its world-dependent can be provided once we get a reset and new testing can be done, but since its basically part of a recipe I imagine it'll stay mostly consistent
ill link the vatsul cookbook and embed the first table i was using that was posted on the hnh discord by Big-Red, since that site has most wood smoking combinations on it.

Pommfritz wrote:Those are the things the wiki needs, thx :D
could also add beaver dog with fairy mushroom and laurel = pretty sick con feps

didnt know about that one, neat
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Phaen » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:11 am

Thanks for the Smoke Shed page improvements, Wowgain :)

I got a question for whoever has added per*exp values to the wiki. I noticed some of the "newer" foreageables like Cave Coral, Oyster, Marsh-Mallow have a {{verify}} tag for the per*exp. How is something like this tested/verified? I'm happy to do it but I need some guidance.

Is it done with multiple alts of varying per*exp levels? I hope not, ugh
Phaen

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:52 am

Phaen wrote:I got a question for whoever has added per*exp values to the wiki. I noticed some of the "newer" foreageables like Cave Coral, Oyster, Marsh-Mallow have a {{verify}} tag for the per*exp. How is something like this tested/verified? I'm happy to do it but I need some guidance.

Is it done with multiple alts of varying per*exp levels? I hope not, ugh

Sometimes its easy to test it that way. Other times folks just need to coordinate what the earliest values they've seen a forageable at, and then best guess on where the levels are.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Easter Eggs and References

Postby vatas » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:11 am

Thinking of starting a mostly vanity project of building a page in the wiki modeled after this https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Easter_eggs

==Video Games==
Dwarf Fortress
*B12 named after bay12.com, official forums for DF, from which large surge of early players came. First and only time item will be named after a community, according to Jorb.

Legend of Zelda
Note: Jorb has stated that Legend of Zelda is his all-time favorite game series (verify/source)
*The Green Hero's Cap refers to link (resname is blatantly "linkhat")
*Master Key is modeled after "Big Key" from A Link to the Past (source:https://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Boss_Key)
*Discovery sound effect is Ocarina of Time's (?) "item get theme" smushed and sped up
*Pots reportedly make an unique sound when broken using the destroy action

Starcraft
*Ants' attack sound is ripped from one of the Zerg units (either Hydralisk or Drone)

Super Mario
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Stalagoomba

Unreal World
*Description of the Hearth Magic that buffs fishing

==Literature==
The Lord of The Rings
*Description of Jewelry skill (Legacy only) https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Legacy:Jewelry

A Song of Ice and Fire
An attack called "Storm of Swords" might be named after the 3rd book in the series.

==Misc==
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Gingerbread_Man

==TV==
Walker: Texas Ranger
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Legacy:Ranging

==Internet Memes==
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Leek
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Some wound heal rates

Postby vatas » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:06 am

Asphyxiation: 1 point every 5-10 minutes.

Bird Lung: 1 point every 3 hours.

Only thing that (possibly) sped it up was q10 Thatched Bed.

vatas

Postby vatas » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:11 am

Hearth magic seems to be a requirement to receive "Whisper on the Winds" for your first (aside from Credos) quest.

Unlocked Hearth magic on an alt to harvest a dream and minute or so later, got the whisper.

Checked and I had more than 40k LP invested in Farming and Survival alone on the alt.

EDIT: Jorb says the same thing. Apologies if everyone else already knew.

vatas

Quick seasons description draft

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:15 am

Spring (10 RL days)
Yesteryear's fruits not gathered during previous winter will remain in trees. Other than Bloated Boletes and Oyster Mushrooms on trees, mushrooms are absent. Non-bush Berries (blueberry and lingonberry) are absent.

Unique stuff includes: Springtime Bumblebees, Brimstone Butterflies, Coltsfoot.

Summer (30 RL days)
Longest season and closest to how the game was before addition of Seasons. Most herbs and animals, aside from the ones unique to only one season, will spawn.

Autumn (10 RL days)
Similar to Summer.

Unique stuff includes: Perfect Autumn Leave and leaf piles, morels.

Winter (5 RL days)
Shortest season. While not immediate, crops will quickly start fallowing and snowfall covers the ground. Fresh water will start freezing over. Ice can be quarried into blocks that can be stored in cellars as a source of snow in the non-winter seasons.

Unique stuff includes: Snowtop Mushroom, Sleighbell (flower), Precious Snowflake

vatas

Postby TheServant » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:23 am

I'm almost sure the terrain list for hedgehog's is wrong. I had to spend 3 days looking in considered terrains without success, after changing realms i could finally see a bunch of them in Root Bosk (one of listed ones, but the only one).

I should say these terrains hedgehogs for sure don't spawn (not for sure but i spent more than 10 hours looking for them and less than 10 minutes in root bosk):

Beech Grove, Deep Tangle, Leaf Patch, Lichen Wold, Pine Barren, Sombre Bramble, Timber Land
TheServant

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?