Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Draft/general idea for a outdated page

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:28 am

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Find_food!

Food has two separate and often competing or contradictory functions.

1. Give you Energy to perform various actions without starving.
2. Give you FEPs that cause one your Attributes to increase when your FEP bar is filled.

Following foods should help you not starve and also allow some FEP gain.
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Grilled_Frog_Legs frogs can be found primarily in swamps, but also in forest terrain during dawn and dusk (verify)
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Mushroom_Spit mushrooms can be found on all forest terrains once you have sufficient perception*exploration

Every time you eat something, your hunger bar fills up. This is misleading, and the entire system would be better if simply renamed "appetite."
You start at empty 300% efficiency bar, meaning all FEPs are tripled when eating. (You will slowly decay back there over time passively without need to be logged in.) Once you fill up the bar, you move on to 200% bar for double the base FEPs. This bar decays faster than the first. Following bars are 100% and 50% efficiency, and decay even faster.
Most advanced players agree that it's best to stay in the 300% bar, but this might require large amounts of Salt that is often contested Localized Resource.
If you have traded or scavenged high quality tools it might be easy to reach a situation where it's feasible to make foods that one-shot your 200% bar, at least until your attributes rise enough.

(I've probably strayed bit too far from the purpose of the page, which is to help new player to not starve.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:33 am

Any chance we could get the toolbar thing with bold/italic options back when editing source?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Draft/general idea for a outdated page

Postby mvgulik » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:03 pm

vatas wrote:(I've probably strayed bit too far from the purpose of the page, which is to help new player to not starve.)

I don't see any harm in including some basic explaining of the food/eating related bars. (things can always be changed or moved around later if need be.)
The alternative "appetite" vs "hunger" explanation makes sense. (Minor point: In its current form it reads more like a suggestion to the devs, than a tip/explanation toward beginning players.)
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:20 pm

vatas wrote:Any chance we could get the toolbar thing with bold/italic options back when editing source?

That makes two of us.

Re-posted a request for it to Spiff.
mvgulik

Postby valeriesusanne » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:01 pm

Just today I was not able to get on the wiki site, I get this message:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from ringofbrodgar.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
This server could not prove that it is ringofbrodgar.com; its security certificate expired in the last day. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
Proceed to ringofbrodgar.com (unsafe)

I'm afraid to "proceed"!!! Is it safe???
Help! I use this daily!!

I admit I didn't read all 82 pages in this thread, but I didn't see anyone having this problem
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby mvgulik » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:16 pm

As far as I can tell, but I'm not an expert, you can just "Ignore and Proceed".
Its the browser complaining about the RoB certificate being expired.

>(browser) "The certificate for ringofbrodgar.com expired on 10/5/2021."
Which ... is today.

Spiff has been informed.
Last edited by mvgulik on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby valeriesusanne » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:36 pm

Hey, thanks a lot.
I'll probably wait a bit, since you notified Spiff, because I'm a bit of a nervous Nelly :P
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby vatas » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:42 pm

Not getting "insecure" -error, might be a cache thing on my end or there was delay on some automatic renewal thing.

vatas

Postby Spiff » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:47 pm

vatas wrote:Any chance we could get the toolbar thing with bold/italic options back when editing source?

Finally figured out how to get this back.

vatas wrote:Not getting "insecure" -error, might be a cache thing on my end or there was delay on some automatic renewal thing.

The automatic renewal thingie didn't work :( It's been automatically manually renewed.
Spiff

Postby WowGain » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:02 am

valeriesusanne wrote:Hey, thanks a lot.
I'll probably wait a bit, since you notified Spiff, because I'm a bit of a nervous Nelly :P

what it means is basically just that the website's cert that the browser checks to see if it is "legitimate" encryption present, rather than just a bogus claim that it has HTTPS, the cert being expired will have the browser alert you in the same way as though the website didnt have any cert at all and was just making a false claim of HTTPS encryption.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?