Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:11 pm

I might be able to anecdotally support that you should look for Hedgehogs in Rootbosk terrain.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:16 pm

TheServant wrote:... hedgehog ...

There is also the daytime variable that might play a role here. (for which there is little to no information available as far as I can tell)

There is also no additional frequency information included with the related data (like: rare, usually, often).
So it could be that one person saw a single hedgehog on a given terrain ones, which could even have been a stray hedgehog (spawned on a different nearby terrain by some other player some minutes ago).

There can be a lot to take in account ... if one 'really' likes to be sure about something. :|
mvgulik

Postby TheServant » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:30 pm

I really appreciate wikia and every work you guys put into it, that's why i followed it blindly. I changed from ender to vanilla thinking i fucked icons somehow even tho i checked ten times and did tests, people telling me they spawned in spring and they did see them, i felt like the world was conspiring against me :D, friends saying jorb kept deleting hedgehogs nearby and so on.. a dude on MONKE realm told me he used to see them in root bosk, timber land and another terrain i don't recall atm. I'm not overstating when i said i spent 10 hours searching for them, probably even more, because after 3 days i gave up and changed credo quest, but in the last quest i received it again, lmao
TheServant

Postby KitsuneG » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:58 pm

TheServant wrote:I really appreciate wikia and every work you guys put into it, that's why i followed it blindly. I changed from ender to vanilla thinking i fucked icons somehow even tho i checked ten times and did tests, people telling me they spawned in spring and they did see them, i felt like the world was conspiring against me :D, friends saying jorb kept deleting hedgehogs nearby and so on.. a dude on MONKE realm told me he used to see them in root bosk, timber land and another terrain i don't recall atm. I'm not overstating when i said i spent 10 hours searching for them, probably even more, because after 3 days i gave up and changed credo quest, but in the last quest i received it again, lmao

Things changed, if i remember correctly i actually live in Pine Barren, Sombre Bramble, Timber Land biomes and confirm hedges spawn there, but that was before seasons implemented and spawn rules might be changed a lot.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby vatas » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:46 pm

Belt shared data box should contain a line preemptively solving this issue.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:15 am

Suggest a general link, with some general concise text (so it can be used on multiple pages/areas), to a page that covers general inventory priority side effects that generally confuse users. Keys and key-ring inclusive.
mvgulik

Postby ricky » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:55 pm

SOMEONE unceremoniously hel'd this message, so i'm reposting it here where it apparently belongs.
-----------------
I wasn't going to bother, but I was name dropped so let's do it.

Ad Hominem:
adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

Mvgulik is nothing less than an autistic swarm of pestilent insects lording over pile of shit of which he has successfully crowned himself king of by scaring literally everyone who might want to clean up the aforementioned pile of shit in order to make the park a little more tolerable for folk to walk through

[[[[[Obviously, the park is the Ring Of Brodgar Wiki, and the pile of shit is the throne upon which he proudly sits. The swarm of caustic, incoherent and autistically agressive bugs is literally Mvgulik, a la The Nightmare Before Christmas' Oogey Boogey ]]]]]

To frame the scene, in early 2016 I took it upon myself to Be The Change I wanted to See In The World and more or less single-handedly revitalized the RoB wiki in light of the Haven 2.0 Update.
When I started:
The Legacy and Hafen pages were integrated into one namespace, which i painstakingly sorted out.
Over half of all items and object had no page, or image, which I added
(I also found a nifty way to pull item's inventory picture straight from the haven server to get some wonderful, high quality item pictures without photoshop)
added FEP +2 to the infobox
added equipment stats to the infobox
added gilding items to the infobox
completely rebuilt tree infobox from the ground up
completely overhauled fish pages from the ground up
Generally speaking, redeemed the name of Ring of Brodgar Wiki amongst a group of retards who, generally speaking, make up their mind once about something.

After so many months of working by myself, I was approached by borka, then an admin for the RoB wiki, with a proposition to become admin. It allowed me some useful tools, such as bulk editing pages, deleting pages, and banning ( :twisted: ) users. I think in total over 3 years I banned less than 10 spam bots.

Enter MvGulik, incoherent russian tech-guru whose seventh language -rarely practiced- is english. A former admin who had since given up on the wiki to pursue loftier goals, presumably shouting at bird from his basement window for improperly eating rotten food out of his dumpster.

At first cordial, his true demeanor quickly showed itself. As his peer (read: fellow admin :o ) there was a moment in time where he *suggested* beavhioral changes I should undertake to help the wiki run smoother.
As MvGulik's peer, I would oblige his suggestions, perhaps half of the time, because more than half of the time his suggestions were inane bullshit which I didn't want to do. But naturally, as a wiki is a Collaborative effort, he took every *suggestion* I did not strictly adhere to as a personal slight. in this scenario where we both shared Administrative duties ( :o ) his word was law.

did someone say evidence???? I hope there's not some sort of operating procedure on handling this EVIDENCE that i'm violating!
Our first interaction: a mundane suggestion to adhere to an inane namespace rule (editor's note: at the time this suggestion was made to me, a total of 5 people or less were actively working on the wiki. There was no 'Convention' established between any of us.

second interaction. Another inane *suggestion* from mvgulik, of which I gave an honest and justifiable explanation to my reasoning.

Yet another example of his lording over the wiki like some sort of nazi riding into poland to reclaim the fatherland

And finally, him asking me to leave, while calling me lazy, stupid, and ignorant

for the whole show instead of the highlight reel, check out the source: https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/User_talk:Ricky

By the time this last correspondence was settled (august 2019) I was completely fed up and essentially stopped giving a shit about the wiki, along with everyone else who I had worked with previously. His behavior was unjustifiably rude, obnoxious, and downright fucking annoying. Imagine being told you're wiping your ass wrong by some no name dipshit whose sole pleasure in life is judging peoples' dirty assholes.

Now, all of this above can be chalked up to me and he having a so called beef, butting heads if you will. let's move to something that in no way involves me yet still completely demonstrates how paranoid and power mongering our resident savant is.

Mentioned previously: user Roskuwacz was permanently blocked on suspicion of alt abuse by Mvgulik (It was not alt abuse.)

The purely subjective junk/fluff in question:
Hmmm yes, very subjective

And here: some very damning evidence that Roskuwacz is Partylikeits1999 ( :o )

It's fun to note that Since his block (and subsequent unblocking after pleaing to Spiff) that Roscuwacz has yet to contribute to the wiki again. He was, understandably, turned off by rampant and unashamed display of narcissistic personality disorder displayed by the King Of Shit

Here on full display is the peak of Mvgulik's paranoid, power-horny abuse.

Lets break it down:
After Ostracizing Partylikeits1999 for several weeks for having a non-conforming signature (he signed off "and --Partylikeits1999" which is pretty funny), Mvgulik took it upon himself to ban a Roscuwacz, who with no more than 30 seconds of research (esp. with admin powers ( :o ) can be proven to have no relation to Partylikeits1999 AND ON TOP OF THAT delete actual in-game text written by the hand of jorb himself for seemingly being subjective and not fitting into the brainspace of our autistic overlord of the RoB wiki.

And for all his hard work, all I have left to say is: he can keep it. I've since washed my hands of the wiki, and by extension this game.
There's really nothing left of value for me to add, except this:
Mvgulik is a fucking retard and he always will be.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby bumfrog » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:06 pm

^^^based
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby japvip » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:12 pm

Hi, now I'm making japanese HnH wiki.
Indeed the former jp wiki has already linked on the front page of RoB, but it's written just the information of legacy haven and the site is now the ruins as of 2015.
So please link new japanese Hafen wiki instead of the former one. :)

https://wikiwiki.jp/hnh-jp/
japvip

Postby yym331 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:16 am

japvip wrote:Hi, now I'm making japanese HnH wiki.
Indeed the former jp wiki has already linked on the front page of RoB, but it's written just the information of legacy haven and the site is now the ruins as of 2015.
So please link new japanese Hafen wiki instead of the former one. :)

https://wikiwiki.jp/hnh-jp/

Go for it!
頑張って!応援しています。
ほとんどの日本プレイヤーはゲームの面白さを理解する前に、英語で挫折します。
Haven and Hearth Secrets of Hunting and Combat - Archive
https://youtu.be/2HdoAHInheQ
yym331

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?