Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Preview mishap

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:06 pm

I probably just did something wrong myself, but posting in case someone else has had the same problem and there's somehow legitimate problem in wiki.

I tried making improvements to "Water Terrain" -page (using "Edit source" that I'm used to.) I had finished writing them and pressed "Preview." However, I quickly realized the preview was from the original version of the page, the one I saw before starting the edit. I frantically assume I must have done excess/wrong clicks and try to go back to page with my edits on it, but it no longer exist. Feel really defeated and don't have the energy to re-do the edit from scratch.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Flavor texts

Postby vatas » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:42 pm

Should there be a custom formatting thing for flavor texts?

Examples of items with flavor texts, currently simply placed at the very start in italics:

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Disgusting_Tapeworm
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Wood_Incorrupt

Decided to see how Salem wiki does it (they have flavor text on every single Inspirational (curio)) and they simply have section called "Flavor Text" at the start of the page.
https://salemthegame.wiki/page/Inspirationals
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:55 pm

At least some champignons seem to spawn in forests, possibly autumn exclusive.

vatas

Postby gravesmerch » Mon May 15, 2023 4:10 pm

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Experience_Points

"Fish Moon" says "Catch a fish during full moon", but you just need to cast the line, I just got the event as soon as I clicked the water
gravesmerch

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:59 am

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Olive_Branch can someone post the flavour text? There is now a spot for in in infobox.

vatas

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:47 am

obsidiandagger

vatas

Vegetable oil from hemp seeds

Postby vatas » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:50 pm

bucket-hempoil

vatas

Postby caz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:03 pm

The wiki has been abysmally slow for the last three days - anyone else having the same issue?
Thanks
caz

Postby mvgulik » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:09 pm

caz wrote:The wiki has been abysmally slow for the last three days

Yes it is. Reason unknown.
I dropped a note about it on the main page.

caz wrote:anyone else having the same issue?

Better question: Anyone not having this issue ? (a trace-log could be useful in that case)
Slow down seems gone now.
Probable reason for slow down was some RoB updating by Spiff. (ie: system rebuilding MW & SMW administration/database after update)
mvgulik

Previous

Return to How do I?