Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby vatas » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:44 pm

Page for "Lemon Fish" is missing, it was added in early w12 and seems people just missed it.

Needs 3 fish filets, 1 lemon, (spices are optional) and frying pan + fire as tools:
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:48 am

You can do that vatas !
Whats the problem stopping you from trying ?
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:54 am

mvgulik wrote:You can do that vatas !
Whats the problem stopping you from trying ?

I'm assuming I have no permissions to create a new page, since there's no "create a new page" link anywhere.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:28 am

vatas wrote:there's no "create a new page" link anywhere

:?
Try the "Create" button on the page you like to create. (which is step 2 in any "create new page" route)

- - -

:)
mvgulik

Postby Reyajh » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:37 pm

With the way things are grouped now, some things are hidden. For example Woodsman's Axe is now hidden because Oak Block is redirected to just generic Blocks...
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby mvgulik » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:18 am

Reyajh wrote:With the way things are grouped now, some things are hidden. For example Woodsman's Axe is now hidden because Oak Block is redirected to just generic Blocks...

Nothing is truly hidden in a wiki.
Not as easy, or in some (unclear at this point) particular way to be found. Sure.

Other than that I'm not sure what it is your expecting, or looking for.
- Some (unclear at this point) system change.
- Some quick Woodsman's Axe fix. (you could turn that Oak Block redirect page into a subject page)
mvgulik

Postby Reyajh » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Honestly, I don't know how to do much beyond editing a few things on some of the pages anymore. What I was referring to is like when you discover our example 'Oak block' 'Block of Oak' whatever it is properly called, you used to be able to look that up on the wiki and see what can be made from it. Then you could say, "Oh, so I need to learn this and the other and THEN I can learn taht... But that is not able to be done now. Now, you have to know that a Woodsman's axe actually is a thing or discover about it some other way. I just thought the idea of a wiki was to make the info more accessible not less...?

Edit: So to be clear: What I am saying is you used to be able to look up an item that actually IS an item in the game but now you can''t and there are many examples of this. It would be best to correct them in batches but alas, I know not such wizardry yet >.>
Reyajh

Postby Sevenless » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:33 pm

Reyajh wrote:Honestly, I don't know how to do much beyond editing a few things on some of the pages anymore. What I was referring to is like when you discover our example 'Oak block' 'Block of Oak' whatever it is properly called, you used to be able to look that up on the wiki and see what can be made from it. Then you could say, "Oh, so I need to learn this and the other and THEN I can learn taht... But that is not able to be done now. Now, you have to know that a Woodsman's axe actually is a thing or discover about it some other way. I just thought the idea of a wiki was to make the info more accessible not less...?

Edit: So to be clear: What I am saying is you used to be able to look up an item that actually IS an item in the game but now you can''t and there are many examples of this. It would be best to correct them in batches but alas, I know not such wizardry yet >.>

That was custom client stuff. The devs intentionally hide items in game because it lets them have easter eggs and other generally super rare stuff for players to discover. They like the community exploring the game and discovering things themselves.

Causes the game to be less intuitive though for sure.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Reyajh » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:11 pm

No, I'm not talking about ingame. lol, Seriously?

If you go to the rob wiki and look up 'Board'... In the right side pane is a section says: "Required by..." and it lists the things a 'Board' is required by. Literally, almost every page has a section like that. Well, you used to have it for 'Block of Oak' as well, but Block of Oak isn't a thing on the wiki anymore. It got absorbed as, all blocks are just generic 'Block of wood' now. Other things have been genericized as well... That process has made objects that had their own page now not have a page hence they are hidden.
Edit: I don't know how to fix it. If I could I would.
Reyajh

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:04 pm

Reyajh wrote:Edit: So to be clear: What I am saying is you used to be able to look up an item that actually IS an item in the game but now you can''t and there are many examples of this. It would be best to correct them in batches but alas, I know not such wizardry yet >.>

To be fair, I believe "Block of Oak" is one of only two use specific blocks of wood in the game right now that I can think of off the top of my head. (Other being Mirkwood). Mirkwood does have its own page. I don't see a need for hundreds of pages for every single different type of wood--one for the tree, one for a "block of <tree>," one for a "<tree> board."

For the Woodsman's Axe, I'm not 100% sure how to handle it as of now: maybe direct to the "Oak" tree page? I'll set it to that, and if people don't like it, we can revert the change. Seems it'd be more informational on "what to look for in the game" than just seeing what is effectively a category page for wood blocks.

As a secondary thought (on wood blocks, wood colors), maybe change the wood block page so we have images of different blocks much like the stone page shows what the various mine walls look like.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?