Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby shubla » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:24 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
shubla wrote:Doesnt that addon just throw you into the https version or block http sites? So it doesn't help in this case as https site is missing completely.

No. It ensures that all portions of a site are effectively secure. It was developed for use with TOR and ensures that all communications are encrypted. I can't do it justice in a short description here. Read up on it.

FWIW, Chrome is the only browser that throws a fit over this, and only when it is configured in a certain way.

HTTPS Doesnt only provide encryption but it also provides trust. Encryption is also quite useless without trust to protect against any active attacker.
How can this addon provide any information about the original servers authenticity? Sounds fishy to me.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:26 pm

Not the thread for the discussion. you seem to have some sort of crusade for encryption going, so I'd thought I'd provide you with an appropriate answer. If you don't like it, make a thread in The Inn.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am

Looking for the resource name related to a new stone/rock/... that turned up on RoB: Quarryartz

So far its eluding me.
Although a little manual trial-and-error revealed an other new stone/rock/... Rhyolite(png) (might not use same in-game name)

Doing a full scan of potential targets seem a bit overkill ...

- - -

Oops. Forgetting some other source to check ...
(+2 stones. But no joy on Quarryartz res-name)
mvgulik

Postby ricky » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby mvgulik » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:00 am

ricky wrote:http://www.havenandhearth.com/mt/r/gfx/invobjs/quarryquartz

Lol. That was nr 2 on my tried-cases list. Must have skipped or did something else wrong there.
There not being a "(hres/)gfx/tiles/rocks/quarryquartz" res might have played a part there too.
Thanks.
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:13 pm

Not sure where this info would fit
Food variable FEPs don't necessarily derive from what the ingredients would give, when eaten raw, at all. Cherries and Plums both give Charisma FEPs when eaten, but when baked into Fruitroasts, Cherry is Strength and Plum is Agility. Meanwhile Persimmons, which give Agility when raw, give Perception as Fruitroast.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:10 am

It depends.

Food(crafted!) variable FEPs don't necessarily derive from what the ingredients would give, when eaten raw.

Would be a more be fitting some general page/location, if its not mainly limited to fruitroasts.

The other info is very ingredient specific. Its also, in essence, duplicate data (ie: verbal translation of some of the 'Variable Ingredients' table data on the fruitroast page).
mvgulik

Stuff I've figured but don't know where to put part 001

Postby vatas » Sat May 08, 2021 1:12 pm

You can indeed move around with item in cursor without dropping it by pressing Control* key, but it doesn't work if you've held down control since before gaining the item on cursor. You can release and hold down Control again to make it work.

*Many Custom Clients have switched this to Alt(ernate) key.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby vatas » Mon May 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Was there some easy way of getting in-game icons to the wiki without having to take screenshots?

vatas

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?