Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:37 am

Just noticed the wiki is missing this lore if anyone working on it would like to add it;

Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Fratari » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:37 pm

I've added a page for the potter's wheel. Does anyone know the quality formula for it?

Edit: I haven't used one yet, so it's not quite complete. I'll have more of it filled in in a while.

Edit: Quality formula's in there.
I think it's made of bubbles and hate.

Sarchi wrote:Only time we'll track scents is if it appears that you intentionally tried to vandalize our stuff, then we'll raid your town and kill you and everyone that lives in there because fuck you. We'll probably even take your cupboards afterwards, lol.
Fratari

Postby Fratari » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:55 pm

I found a problem with the tar kiln page. The page states the coal quality is that of the boards or blocks, softcapped by the tar kiln quality. This is not true based on the batch of coal I just made:

Tar kiln Q: 39 33 26
Wood Block Q: 10 10 10
Resulting Coal Q: 17 16 14

According to the wiki, coal should be quality 10 10 10. The results don't follow the sqrt(Kiln_q*Block_q) formula either. Does anyone have any insight?

Sarchi wrote:Only time we'll track scents is if it appears that you intentionally tried to vandalize our stuff, then we'll raid your town and kill you and everyone that lives in there because fuck you. We'll probably even take your cupboards afterwards, lol.
Fratari

Postby Kaios » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Pretty sure the tar kiln isn't just a soft cap but raises the quality too when lower materials are used.
Kaios

Postby Fratari » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:18 pm

It does, but has anyone figured out the formula for it? Or does anyone mind providing some more data points to help figure it out?

Fratari

Postby xTrainx » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:20 pm

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Horses
this page is in need of some serious update
xTrainx

Postby Kaios » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:48 pm

Fratari wrote:It does, but has anyone figured out the formula for it? Or does anyone mind providing some more data points to help figure it out?

I'd have to check the exact qualities later but approximately a q100 tar kiln produces q30 coal using q10 blocks
Kaios

Postby shubla » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Kaios wrote:
Fratari wrote:It does, but has anyone figured out the formula for it? Or does anyone mind providing some more data points to help figure it out?

I'd have to check the exact qualities later but approximately a q100 tar kiln produces q30 coal using q10 blocks

Maybe its geometric average of kiln and blocks?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Fratari » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:04 pm

shubla wrote:Maybe its geometric average of kiln and blocks?

I checked the geometric average for my stuff, it's still off. That is, unless there is something more than kiln_q and block_q that I haven't taken into account.

Fratari

Postby ricky » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:26 am

I made an exquisite http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Horse page, and if anyone has relevant information regarding butcherable resources, daily food requirements, milk, or any of the other more delicate info, please update it.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?